PDA

View Full Version : New BOINC Project -- Biochemical Library

BobCat13
05-26-2010, 02:57 AM
Yes, that's correct. Yet another BOINC project.

http://boinc.vanderbilt.edu/bcl/

Team created.

http://boinc.vanderbilt.edu/bcl/team_display.php?teamid=1

No applications, work, or message boards yet. The server hasn't even been setup completely, so it isn't accepting machine attaches right now.

NeoGen
05-26-2010, 03:41 AM
I'm with you there BobCat! :)

I can't believe we are Team with id=1 :icon_mrgreen:

BobCat13
05-26-2010, 03:49 AM
Lucky timing. I believe the project had only been around for a few hours when I stumbled upon it while looking for another Vanderbilt based project.

Shockmonk3y
06-01-2010, 09:31 PM
Plugged in =)

NeoGen
06-02-2010, 06:07 AM
Welcome to the forums Shockmonk3y :)

Are you with us in other projects? What is your favorite project so far from the ones you tried?
I don't really have a favorite right now, I pick projects with fast workunits. Some primegrid tasks, Chess960, LHC and Pirates@Home (when they have work), etc.

Shockmonk3y
06-03-2010, 01:39 AM
Thanks!

I did some work with SETI@home a long time ago.. before BOINC was out, so that's where I started up again. It was really neat to see that they have started using GPUs. I've since hooked into Milkyway and LHC, and I'm still poking around to see whats interesting. I figure Ill sign into any project I crunch for as an AMD Users member.

Nflight
06-03-2010, 02:13 PM
Shockmonk3y thanks for the Team Spirit, and if you check on our main page you will find your stats [click on the Stats button] available plus most of our projects we are working on! Enjoy :blob3:

Dirk Broer
12-29-2012, 12:12 PM
Virtual Campus Supercomputing Center - Powered by BOINC

Thanks for your interest into the Biochemical Library (BCL) project.
Unfortunately we have to disable the Boinc server for BCL for now.
We do currently not have sufficient resources that would allow us to maintain and further improve the Boinc server.
We plan to reactivate the Boinc server as soon as we can continuously manage it.

We will announce new plans and updates on the Meilerlab website.
Prof. Jens Meiler & The Meiler Lab