PDA

View Full Version : AMD Users is in the TOP 100!

NeoGen
06-06-2010, 05:45 AM
Just noticed that we have now entered the Top 100 Teams of RC5-72!! :)

Just to give you all an idea, there are nearly 5,000 teams on the project, it is currently one of the projects with the highest number of teams in existence, after SETI and a few others.
And we are now on the Top 100 of this massively competitive project!!

Congrats to everyone who contributed for the Team to reach this high, especially Brucifer who's lately been whipping his GPUs left and right, making them work harder than egyptian slaves building pyramids! :icon_lol:

GO AMD USERS!!! :icon_mrgreen:

Brucifer
06-06-2010, 06:34 PM
Gents, (and ladies too if there are any here that are participating) the rc5-72 has been one of my favorites for a long time inspite of some of the beta client tribulations that I don't care to spend much time thinking about Lol. However as you may have noticed there are now two boinc wrapper projects on it, the first was yoyo and now dnetc@home. The project is now at the 1% completion rate approximately. In the daily output now, dnetc@home is putting out about twice the total amount of work that everything else crunching rc5-72 is doing. That is quite a massive amount of work and has only come about in the past few months. Their total output is #2, and since March of 2010 it they have put out 547 million plus work units................... Since Dec 2002, the Dutch Power Cows, currently #1 in rc5-72 have completed 612 million plus work units. Dnetc@home is cranking them out. Just thought I'd throw that out as a general comment on the amount of work being accomplished.

What I would really like to see though is for AMD_Users to move on up higher from being #100 in the rankings of the rc5-72 project, which we can do with a little help. Any help would be appreciated.

liuqyn
06-08-2010, 05:15 AM
first I would like to point out that yo-yo only runs OGR and not RC5, second I have put one of my machines on running this for the time being.

Brucifer
06-09-2010, 01:11 AM
first I would like to point out that yo-yo only runs OGR and not RC5, second I have put one of my machines on running this for the time being.

Yup on yoyo and OGR, my bad. :-) And I noticed your output on rc5 for a couple days now. :-) And hey, we are up to #96 now. :-)

liuqyn
06-09-2010, 09:31 AM
we should keep climbing quickly as our daily outputs is consistently in the top 10.

Brucifer
06-10-2010, 02:30 AM
Up to #94 in overall team rankings, and #7 in daily output today! :-)

Brucifer
06-11-2010, 04:19 AM
@liuqyn -- You should put your stuff back at yoyo where you have a good run going. We aren't going to attract any more help here so I think we are just spinning our wheels. I think I'll back off on the rc5 thing.