PDA

View Full Version : Virus Respiratorio Sincitial (new BOINC project)

NeoGen
06-28-2010, 03:10 PM
There's a new BOINC project focused on respiratory diseases :)

VRS (from the Spanish Virus Respiratorio Sincitial) is a BOINC-based project which main aim is to simulate the behaviour of the human Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV). Main facts:

It is the major cause of lower respiratory tract infection and hospital visits during infancy and childhood.
In Spain, it causes more than 15.000 padiatrician visits per year. It is responsible for more than 18% of the pneumonia elderly hospitalizations.
In the United States, 60% of infants are infected during their first RSV season. Nearly all children will have been infected with the virus by 2-3 years of age. Of those infected with RSV, 23% will develop bronchiolitis necessitating hospitalization.

Our project simulations of the RSV contagion mechanisms will allow:

Better understanding of the contagion evolution and its relevant parameters.
Faster predictions of the virus population evolution.
Designing more accurate vaccination campaigns.

You can find it here: http://falua.cesfelipesegundo.com/VRS (http://falua.cesfelipesegundo.com/VRS)

Account Creation: Open! :)
Aplications: Windows (x86), Linux (x86) (no GPUs yet... :()
Work available: Yes! :)

AMD Users Team here: http://falua.cesfelipesegundo.com/VRS/team_display.php?teamid=66

These newly created projects tend to close account creation after reaching a number of participants. Join in while you can! :icon_wink:

liuqyn
06-28-2010, 08:31 PM
appears my account was already created via boinc-wide teams, however the email system is either real slow or not working yet.

NeoGen
06-28-2010, 08:42 PM
And our team has the option to not allow new members set for some reason... there is no "join this team" link. :-(

NeoGen
06-29-2010, 01:04 AM
It's accepting members now... don't know if vaughan did something, but in case he did, THANKS! :icon_mrgreen:

Unfortunately one WU already slipped by before I could join the team...

vaughan
06-30-2010, 01:46 PM
I am unable to get the project to send me my password (again) due to becoming Founder through the stupid BOINC-Wide teams facility that doesn't work properly. It is sooooo annoying. :)

AMDave
07-08-2010, 12:22 PM
@ Vaughan - try again now

Mail working / Correo ya funciona
July 5, 2010, 16:38 GMT
The Administrative Mail Service is now working, so volunteers can retrieve his/her password from the system / El servicio de correo administrativo ya funciona, asà que los voluntarios ya pueden recuperar su contraseña en el sistema
I'm too late to the party :(

News
Account creation disabled / Creacion de cuentas deshabilitado
July 5, 2010, 16:38 GMT
The account creation has been temporarily disabled due to server overload. By the moment we have enought volunteers / La creacion de cuentas ha sido deshabilitado temporalmente debido a sobrecarda en el servidor. De momento tenemos suficientes voluntarios

vaughan
07-08-2010, 01:59 PM
I got it working now, thanks Dave.

AMDave
05-28-2011, 04:15 PM
just checked again. still closed. and no work going out anyway so no need to feel left out ;)