PDA

View Full Version : DynaPing Challenge by AMD USERS!!!

NeoGen
07-13-2010, 07:43 PM
Hey everyone! :)

Our Team has just issued its first ever challenge on the boincstats challenge platform, and DynaPing was the chosen project for it!

DynaPing is a project that uses no CPU and little RAM, but it needs an internet connection always on to check if websites are online or have problems. We have been doing well on it lately thanks to our loyal members, so at this point we would like to test our strength against other equally strong teams.

Fellow competitors from other teams reading this, tell your team founders to add your team to the DynaPing challenge on boincstats called "DynaPing" (Yea, it's not very imaginative, but hey, it's our very first one! :icon_wink:)

And fellow AMD Users who would like to join us and help the Team win this challenge, do post here if you don't have an account. You CAN help us, through the boinc weak account keys system. More information in this thread:
http://amdusers.com/forum/showthread.php?6363-DynaPing-needs-YOU!

GO AMD USERS!!! :icon_mrgreen:

Nflight
07-15-2010, 03:41 AM
How many feathers have you ruffled NeoGen? Looks like the world is about to take notice. If not they are all dead! Rock on fellow crunchers. :blob3:

NeoGen
07-15-2010, 04:27 AM
I think I recruited at least 6 people to help push for Liuqyn since the start of it all, before the challenge even came up, but opponent teams we have only 3 registered in the boincstats challenge.

Several of the teams I would like to challenge are not represented in DynaPing and they can't get in, so it's tough. And we had very little time for spread the word, next time we have to schedule it with more time to prepare everything.

But it's good to see PoorBoy and his team (PBToyz) are going to take a shot against us... they certainly are a powerful team, but on DynaPing the odds are different because it's not about CPU or GPU power. :)

NeoGen
07-15-2010, 05:33 PM
Six and a half hours to start... get ready everyone! :)

Unfortunately DynaPing is not one of those projects where you can amass a large number of workunits beforehand and flush them after challenge start. :icon_rolleyes:

NeoGen
07-16-2010, 03:36 AM
Woohoo!

Three and a half hours into the race and we are going faster than a speeding bullet!! :icon_mrgreen:

We are on a very distant 1st place with 2076 credits and the #2 team has only 292... that's almost 10x more! :)

Nflight
07-16-2010, 10:28 AM
Ok so I feel awesome but how long are we going to roar on this Challenge, A week, 2 weeks, or better yet till we reach 1st place? Since the project came out I have not stopped running this project.

Hoorah for Our TEAM :blob3:

AMDave
07-16-2010, 11:56 AM
Well the challenge runs from 010-07-16 00:00 to 2010-07-23 00:00.

Aside from the challenge, since this is a neat little background project I guess, I am just going to keep on at it until I overtake you at the very least :P

vaughan
07-16-2010, 01:01 PM
The maximum time that the BoincStats site would allow me to set for the challenge was a week. I don't know how to change it.

AMDave
07-17-2010, 12:52 AM
no need.
Nflight was referring keeping the stampede going for the longer term after the challenge, i think.
Rank#3 will be ours shortly. The next 2 are not so far off. if we keep this output level going we will cross the gap quickly.

NeoGen
07-17-2010, 03:56 AM
Ain't this a beauty? :icon_mrgreen:

http://boincstats.com/charts/chart_uk_dynaping_compare_challengescredits_team_5 4;9;26;32.gif

This is the boincstats graph comparing the top 3 teams on the challenge... look at that blue line going!! :)

Nflight
07-17-2010, 12:21 PM
This is not just a Challenge Gentlemen ( ladies if there are any sorry); This is a resurrection of this Team and its abilities. Mitchell stated we just seemed unintersted to pursue a nice prize that he himself offered. BY conitnuing and landing on the top of this Project we shall show the rest of the DC'ers we are still a Team worth joining! :blob3:

vaughan
07-17-2010, 12:31 PM
OK I added another laptop. Its a Dell Studio XPS 1640 and it runs so hot that it shuts itself down when it runs any CPU intensive project. Its such a poor design its amazing. When the lid is open it gets in the way of the exhaust vent so the thing gets even hotter. I have it running FreeHal, Dynaping, WUProp@Home and GomezPeer.

NeoGen
07-19-2010, 12:23 AM
3 days into the DynaPing Challenge and we raked an impressive 30,000 credits of advance on the #2 team GPU Force! :)

World Rank #3 in the project is just a few hours away also, which is great news for AMD Users! World Rank #3 or better means direct entrance of DynaPing in the AMD Users Wiki mainpage, as of one of the best rankings in our history! (In the AMD Users Wiki when the project retires someday that is).

NeoGen
07-19-2010, 11:56 AM
*BUMP*
*BUMP*

Oops... I think we just ran over a little creature on the road... They should know better than to be on the middle of the roads when the big rigs are passing through! :icon_mrgreen:

SETI.USA is roadkill and we are now World Rank #3! :icon_twisted:

Congratulations Team!! :)

AMDave
07-20-2010, 10:24 AM
Keep throwin' in the timbers fellas.
This boiler's at steam and there's no bends in the road.
Express - all stations!

NeoGen
07-21-2010, 06:22 AM
We are killing the competition on the challenge! :)

5 days into the competition and we are still solid #1, and we have more than 3x the amount of credits of the #2 team.

I hope everyone keeps running it after the challenge ends... we should point to another target, like reaching the 1,000,000 credits milestone! :)

vaughan
07-21-2010, 01:56 PM
Yep it is easy to keep it running after the Challenge. Let's grab #1. Go AMD Users :)

Lagu
07-21-2010, 04:08 PM
Great see AMDusers have the lead.

Lars-Gunnar:)