PDA

View Full Version : SOB Client Lagging

Beerknurd
10-28-2004, 11:21 AM
Is anyone else's SOB client lagging when it submits results?? It used to go thrugh fast, but how it hangs for about 3 of 4 seconds. Everytime is does it, it drops my cEMS/per sec down.

Just wondering......

rrcrain
10-28-2004, 11:32 AM
I'm not seeing an issue with the SOB client lagging.

You must have heard the footsteps coming up your six given the rate your now running at.

Beerknurd
10-29-2004, 02:51 AM
It keeps saying resolving host name, and then it hangs for 3 or 4 seconds...

It's kind of annoying.....

AMDave
10-29-2004, 08:07 AM
Beer....
that sounds more like an ISP routing problem to me.
If it is only seconds then not so bad.
You can try adjusting your config.
I have set mine to:
Conn retries = 2
Rprt Retries = 2
Retry wait = 1200
but that's just me.
If you have your Priority = Normal I tend to find that everything is slower, including network activity (becuase the modem conection is on the same machine, it even caused the network responses for the other machines to time-out!!!).
I am getting a MUCH better performance rate now by keeping the Priority = Low as well as eliminating network connectivity issues.

Empty_5oul
10-29-2004, 10:16 AM
i know it lags when sending as it has to connecting to the server, find your hostname/hostID, resolve it and then submit.
where the server gets busy (as eveyone is constantly sending results in and ocssionally dling new ones ) the server will lag a tiny bit.

the solution if you wanna keep a high cem/s then
1). click to stop transmitting intermitent results
it will queue until you change it to submit them or it reaches 100% then antosends the full test back.
the only problem if it goes wrong midway and it doesn't ache and remember where you got to, you will lose a lot :(

Beerknurd
10-29-2004, 11:13 AM
I'm thinking it's an ISP problem too. Everytime I go to a website it lags for a couple of seconds and says resolving host name. I guess I'll just have to live with it. It's not that bad. I'm still getting over 2M with 1 client. I guess I shouldn't complain.

Empty_5oul
10-29-2004, 12:41 PM
i guess thats not 2 bad is it lol :P

Ototero
10-30-2004, 05:51 PM
You could get an Athlon :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Empty_5oul
10-30-2004, 07:06 PM
if you get an XP you could be pushing 0.4 meg aswell,
if you wanna do 17 you should keep your pent. AMD only seem to do better at BOINC projects - we all know how much you love those aswell :P

Beerknurd
11-13-2004, 12:47 AM
You could get an Athlon :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can buy me an Athlon. :lol: