PDA

View Full Version : SIMAP Top 10

Tamaster
08-21-2010, 12:23 PM
Well... it took a while to break through, but I just crossed 200K credit and I'm now 4th rank on AMDUsers SIMAP Team :wav:

I kept thinking that they would run out of WUs, but it hasn't happened yet. I finally got a replacement PS for my fifth machine and it is now happily crunching 24/7 on the ol' 5600+ again :icon_biggrin:

I used to buy PCP&C exclusively, but since they got bought out I've switched to Corsair. Pretty good HW.

Happy Crunchin' everyone!

NeoGen
08-22-2010, 01:09 AM
Congrats Tamaster!! And now with an extra 5600+ crunching too the 3 guys above you better beware! :)

Tamaster
08-22-2010, 12:49 PM
It's sorta like the tortoise and hare, which is what I did over on Aqua. That ol' dual core is great for crunchin' Fokker Planck WUs on 64-bit Linux.
It's got a real good Zalman cooler and can be pointed to a tasking for long runs at a time. Rock solid stable now that it's got good power again.
The side-kick Celery contributes as well using 32-bit Linux, though as a single 2Ghz core, it is kinda limited in the floating point.

They don't get distracted with doing *_Real Work_* like the rest of the machines. This fall I start gathering parts for a new build... (fun, fun, fun)

NeoGen
08-23-2010, 07:15 PM
Tamaster, there are 2 back-to-back challenges on SIMAP at boincstats, in which we are signed up for, one for the last week of August (starting tomorrow) and another one for the first week of September.

Are you going to be there on both? :)

Tamaster
08-28-2010, 03:47 AM
I'm running all of what I got on SIMAP right now (though there was a hot spell slowdown and connection issues a couple of days ago).

It's been cooling off lately, so I'm 'shoveling coal' for more steam to run the generators...

Props to Dirk for stepping up:icon_thumright:

NeoGen
08-28-2010, 09:27 PM
I'm currently split between Yoyo and SIMAP, we're running on challenges on both. On the Yoyo challenge we're actually doing great, 2nd place so far but still 3 days to go.

I'm still to decide where to push next, we're already signed up for several challenges for September, on SIMAP, Einstein, PrimeGrid and WCG at least, so plenty to choose from. And these are just the start of the month ones, I'm sure more will pop up during the month.

And I also finally got my old Phenom II X3 running again, with the Geforce 9600, so I'm also getting some credits on Collatz Conjecture. I'd like to raise my points on DNETC@Home, but the site has been down for the last couple of days.

Tamaster
08-30-2010, 02:49 AM
Uh... Hi Liuqyn :icon_biggrin:
Was trying to sneak up <relatively> quiet on your SIMAP standing...
Glad you're here to help me and Dirk out just the same.

liuqyn
08-30-2010, 01:48 PM
hehe, wasn't actually watching my position here, just had 4 boxes move to a home with better internet so I will be able to run some of these higher bandwidth projects again.

Tamaster
09-06-2010, 12:26 PM
I see from the Free-DC stats that we have a few additions to the current WU load over the last week: kle is pulling a very fast ramp-up and appears capable of besting all of the current Top 10 contributors with 6 hosts including a 1090T Hexa-core running Win7 x64 and Scott who is running one also (must be NICE). Perhaps we can talk them into running SIMAP dedicated on those boxen?

You'll climb the ranks faster :icon_mrgreen:

Also props to Dirk who has passed 200,000 and (of course) Liuqyn who has passed 300,000

WU Pool Party!

Dirk Broer
09-22-2010, 10:42 PM
And in the meantime Tamaster has crossed the 300k line (332k now), while Liuqyn's 18 PC's crossed the 400k (432k now). Both are clearly pulling away from me, but have a long way to go to reach the level of Vaughan or Chris Icide, who have crossed the 1M line ages ago. Paul AMD and kle have a better RAC than me at the moment, but seem to have run out of WUs. I still have a bunch to crunch till the 24th!

liuqyn
09-23-2010, 12:17 AM
for the record, I'm only running this on 4 quads, and they share time with Einstein@home.

Tamaster
09-23-2010, 03:20 AM
I thought that SIMAP would have run out of WUs by now, but it seems that we'll have work probably right through the middle of October (my estimate). I've shut down running Folding@home on my crossfire 2600xt GPUs to keep them from consuming CPU bandwidth from SIMAP. Once we get to the end of all this metagenome work, it's back to running them and BOINC simultaneous. They are extremely efficient for the ~200GFlops they deliver. It's too bad I can't get the AGEIA PhysX crunching something as well...

NeoGen
09-24-2010, 02:37 AM
You got an AGEIA PhysX? The original AGEIA PhysX that I think sometime later Nvidia bought out and incorporated into their GPUs?

I bet it runs great on videogames that support PhysX. :)

Tamaster
09-24-2010, 03:51 AM
Yep, I've got a BFG PhysX 100 running nVidia's drivers in a CrossFire arrangement (blasphemy!)

The only game I wanted it for was Unreal Tournament 3 (fully patched and modded) and in that
capacity, it *_KICKS ASS_*. Too bad nVidia killed it off, Physx might have gone somewhere.
I'm still running DirectX 9 on XP for this machine, but it's all relative you know...

Tamaster
10-04-2010, 11:34 AM
Well... I ran out of WUs last evening. That was one heck of a good run from the 1st of July to 3rd of October! I clocked over 300 thousand Cobblestones of credit during the hottest and dryest summer on record here (would have accomplished more, but I had some shut-downs due to the extraordinary heat levels we experienced). They say they will be starting back up on the 8th, but I think I'll take a break and come back to SIMAP in November. Kudo's to Liuqyn, Dirk, Paul, kle, Scott and the rest of Team AMD for stepping up and helping SIMAP by calculating protein similarities on your computer. As a Public, Free and Open database the project is representative of the BEST of what international collaborative computational biology can be. Other projects draw on these results in order to accelerate research into cures for some of the world’s most intractable afflictions. I hope to see some of them in our lifetimes...

One day Soon...
We may find a cure. Advances are being made every day. You could be a part of it. You could be *_THE ONE_* who hits the tipping point. The grain of sand that tilts the balance for humanity. What would that be worth TO YOU?

Who has not known cancer's reach? Who has not felt it's impact? The scourge of the twentieth century is still with us in the twenty-first. It doesn't have to be this way. We CAN find a cure. Together.

If you have a computer (and you do) you can make a difference. We are advancing the scrimmage line, we the millions of people who give our computers something to do while we are away. Crunch for science.

Dirk Broer
01-15-2011, 11:05 AM
Hi Tamaster,

Just to let you know there is a Simap challenge going on right now:http://boincstats.com/bam/challengeChat.php?chid=128
http://boincstats.com/signature/team_48_challenges128.gif
(In case you didn't knew already, as you have been outperforming me the last months:
http://www.boincsynergy.com/stats/boinc-stats.php?id=4355&project=smap)

Tamaster
01-15-2011, 10:27 PM
I've had a few machines aimed at SIMAP since the turn of the new year, but I've also been helping out over at AQUA running their new Redfield Open Quantum Simulation. I'm getting ready to switch back to SIMAP this weekend. Since getting my new HVAC system tweaked the 'crew' has been on autopilot due to my short attention span. I'm just glad to see they are back in the WU business after that dry spell last fall.

Anyway... I'm on it...

Dirk Broer
01-16-2011, 08:12 PM
Good scores last day form Liuqyn, Scott, kle, Tamaster and NeoGen
while bender10, gamer007, dinobotclone, Hautlle and me are slowy getting under steam.
Ken429H and lysergius have started up as well, though are losing ground at the moment.
Alltogether there are 18 member currently active on this project from the 126 with scores,
and to rise in this challege we really need help form the others.
And a just cause too, Simap, not mere credits for the sake of it.

Dirk Broer
01-18-2011, 10:01 AM
Another day of the SIMAP Genome Storage challenge, and another day of team effort. We are almost halfway, having 3 days and 13 odd hours to go.
While Liuqyn, Tamaster and myself were for months the #1, 2 and 3 in terms of RAC, this has now been changed to 1, 4 and 6 respectively.:5obsessed:
At present speed we will hopefully see some changes in the all-time best list as well, as Scott (#18, but #2 in RAC), kle (#15, but #3 in RAC) and Neogen (#27, but #5 in RAC) are fastly climbing the ranks. Newcomer to the project is bwhite, who has already the #61 position out of 127 and is #7 in RAC.:icon_cool:
Not tired yet of numbers? At 6 we have gamer007, who is #8 in RAC. Bender10, at #8 is about to pass the RAC of Hautlle, who is at #11 but has a very good RAC due to his daily contribution, as has dinobotclone. Vaughan, our #1 has quitely risen to the #12 in RAC, increasing his lead to #2, Chris Icide. These two members have already passed the 1 Million mark and Liuqyn is at present speed two months away from that magic barrier.
Other active members at the moment: lazykiller, BobCat13, Lysergius, Freddie, gobshite5, Ken429H, Trent, Nicola, Mike.:icon_thumright:

Dirk Broer
01-21-2011, 11:55 AM
Only 11 hours to go now!
The team seems rock-solid on 6th place (out of 19) and several members have crossed magic barriers in the process. Gamer007 has crossed the 2k, and Scott and kle the 1k. NeoGen has risen some 10 places, but is about to be taken over by our fastest climber: bwhite, who rocketed already 77 places higher:icon_eek:. 2nd best climber is gobshite5, who gained 13 places. And I have saved the best for last: If Liuqyn holds this pace for 4 more days he will cross the million mark!:wav:

Scott
02-13-2011, 05:39 AM
There is a SIMP challenge starting Monday. I found a new pet project, lets see how long it takes to get my score up to 500k
btw
How long does it take to run an ROQS wu on aqua@home? It's been running 11 hrs. and 42.4% complete

Dirk Broer
02-13-2011, 04:30 PM
There is a SIMP challenge starting Monday. I found a new pet project, lets see how long it takes to get my score up to 500k
btw I guess it will take longer than the challenge lasts. Been doing this project since 2006 and this is my score:
Project Points total Points average Since
SIMAP (http://boinc.bio.wzw.tum.de/boincsimap/show_user.php?userid=4355) 306,201 791 20 Feb 2006

But of course it all depends on how many cores you can throw in the challenge, and at what Gflop power they can bring. Good luck!