PDA

View Full Version : Seti stats?

Dirk Broer
10-14-2010, 10:44 AM
I don't know whether anybody has info about the lack of Seti@home stats updates. First Boinc Statistics for the World was unable to update the Seti stats, but now Boincstats can't do that either. Apart from the fact that it is almost impossible to upload your finished Seti WUs in the small timeframe available before weekly server shutdown, they've taken away to fun in comparing scores. What are they up to?

liuqyn
10-14-2010, 11:27 PM
my guess, the grandfather of distributed computing is showing its age.

Dirk Broer
10-15-2010, 09:15 PM
My prayers have been heard! :)
Today I received 13.7k of credits for Seti@Home.:icon_mrgreen: Now my missing eBay parcel and I am happy :icon_lol:

NeoGen
10-16-2010, 03:28 AM
I'm guessing they got too high of a load for the servers that they are running on... so things can get a little delayed all around...

I think Boinc Synergy's stats stopped updating it because the time taken in connection to fetch the stats was delaying everything else, so they just cut it off. It's a simple line of thought... if 1 project's behaviour is affecting 50 others in your system, you might as well cut it off until it behaves well...

Boincstats probably had the same issue I'm guessing...

Dirk Broer
01-06-2011, 09:47 AM
my guess, the grandfather of distributed computing is showing its age.

They (not just Seti, but BOINC) have honoured you with the "user of the day" http://boinc.berkeley.edu/:icon_thumright:

Dirk Broer
12-21-2011, 09:25 PM
Added a GT 430 to the GT 9500 for Seti and Einstein (3x as much cuda cores! Twice the FLOPS!), but those at Seti decided that Fermi WUs needed to be longer (from 1 to 3 hours for the GT 430) and longer again (upped to 5 hours), while the credits remain as crappy as ever.
Backup project Einstein has elongated the WUs for the GT 430 even to 13 hours! Might as well exchange the GT 430 in my test system with the GT 9500 in my wife's PC, these entry-level cards are judged by their more expensive brothers WUtime- and credit-wise.