PDA

View Full Version : Achieving another Triggl

Nflight
03-10-2011, 10:31 AM
A long time ago there was this man who foresaw contestants using their computers to challenge others in garnering stats in closely knit arrays. Today I give you a "Triggl"; What is a Triggl you ask?

A Triggl is a term used to rate others accomplishments by achieving close knit successful limits on Free-DC BOINC stats pages. Bok the person behind these funky stats found that several members who actively pursue the 10K limit on each project that reach a figure of >9,999 to <10,100 receive an honorary notch in the Stats Pages. I give you the stats of Triggl's like me: http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=mmakers&subproj=triggs THen I give you my stats page to show you the close knit grouping of 10k stats I have tried to keep as close to 10K as possible: http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=userbycpid&cpid=8f15950e07e24a5c0c73016a77c952e9

You will notice that projects #64 through #72 are all within the 100 points of a Triggl as mentioned above.

If you have done this on 25K or even 50 K I understand there are other descriptions and only you can find out what they are called and where to find them. I am fortunate that I could not resist and had to pm Bok directly to answer those pending frustrating who the heck is a Triggl scenario, and how did I get them?
What do you think Blob3 will they enjoy this post or will they ponder that I am talking to my avatar as more insane then the actual contents of the post itself? :blob3:

liuqyn
03-10-2011, 02:45 PM
Boks are for those with >99,999 but <101,000

only other one I've found so far.

vaughan
03-12-2011, 11:52 PM
I finally reached a personal target 500 Million BOINC Combined.

My other challenge is trying to increase my number of projects reaching various points milestones eg # of 100,000s, 250k, 500k, 750k, 1M etc.
This really shows up how generous some projects are in handing out points eg GPU projects and how stingy others are eg Spinhenge.

Nflight
03-13-2011, 12:01 AM
I commented on your facebook achievement of 500 million points, a tremendous achievement. I am in awe! Then again I will reach that level soon after I break ground on my new business, which should be in two weeks or less. One last document to have under my belt and I am off and running. It has been more then 5 years of work to get to this point and I have garnered so much praise for what I am doing. I just hope everything works out that I can purchase enough horsepower to pass you, someday! And then Pass Beerknurd in Dimes someday past that time frame! Dancing a jog at the moment, I am excited I think or just nervous! :blob3:

AMDave
03-15-2011, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the Trigg info.
I saw Bok add it to the stats a little while ago & I was bending my brain trying to figure out what it was.
Now I you tell me what it is I know why I'm not on it.
A few months ago I might have been high on that list but I got interested in the challenge of the "Average Team Rank across Projects" and have since nudged almost all of my 10ks out of range.

@Vaughan - Congrats on your mega milestone.
Now let me see, if you are going approximately 10 times faster than me, I'll catch you in ... Oh! :P

Scott
03-15-2011, 10:43 PM
Congrats Vaughan

You're right you get big numbers on GPUs. 90% of my credits are on gpu projects.
I noticed some projects are more profesional than others, I found out the hard way RNA World does not use check points on their large WUs. I had to reset the computer after 6 days and lost everything