PDA

View Full Version : Neurona@Home

AMDave
06-13-2011, 05:06 AM
post re time to next Ideolegias@home batch reveals lead to new project:
"I expect a second round in a few weeks, not later than July. In the meanwhile we are focusing on launching Neurona@Home."

Neurona@Home (http://falua.cesfelipesegundo.com/Neurona/)

Account creation not open yet

vaughan
06-18-2011, 01:01 AM
I found I had to attach to this project "the old way" ie from the project web-site not from within BOINC Manager. This allows you to enter the invitation code and all the other registration details required when joining a project.

Team has been created.
http://falua.cesfelipesegundo.com/Neurona/team_display.php?teamid=16

AMDave
06-18-2011, 08:36 AM
The good doctor has provided me with a sharable invite code.
If anyone else in the AMD Users crew wants to sign up, send me a PM and I'll send you the invite code.

As per vaughan's instructions you will need to create the account on the site first and then hook up your BOINC manager.
*** really important note - you should always join a project that is set up this way to a BOINC manager client that is already actively running another 1 or 2 projects
*** when you do this, the new project will take on your existing Cross Project ID, otherwise the new project CPID becomes you active CPID and then you get CPID splitting all over the place

The credits are interesting - a lot of variation per wu. A lot of them are very low, but *all* of them are finishing in a very short time, not even close to the 15 minute target.
some things to watch.

AMDave
06-18-2011, 08:59 AM
Another important note you should know up-front

we are getting only 1 work unit per host, so you need to be running at least 1 other project at the same time on a multi-core machine

AMDave
06-18-2011, 02:49 PM
PS - Neurona is 64 bit OS only
I tried with 32 bit linux and windows but both get the message that the client is not available for this platform

AMDave
06-19-2011, 03:50 AM
Regarding the RAM questions:

The project estimates are for WUs that run to about 15 minutes and which will use around 3GB - 6GB RAM

However at present the WUs are finishing in around 3 minutes and using approx 540MB RAM

I expect they will get longer and bigger as we progress through the sample space.

liuqyn
06-19-2011, 06:14 PM
luckily the bandwidth requirements are fairly low, at least for now.

AMDave
06-20-2011, 02:25 PM
There was a short blip of no work for about an hour that just finished a few moments ago.
The Beta phase has commenced.
He has released the 1/2 million Phase II work units into the queue.
With a quorum of 2 that's 1 million tasks.
And it's still invite only so we have a feeding frenzy opportunity :)

I just did a quick tally across my host details on the project and I find that I have completed 2,076 tasks in just over 48 hours.

AMDave
06-20-2011, 02:51 PM
More info on volume of work completed versus credit.
The "Pending" link doesn't show any WUs pending validation.
BUT, if you go into "Tasks" and select the 'pending' filter at the top, you will probably find you have plenty that are pending.
I have noticed that this has started to be the case on many projects.

HTH

AMDave
06-30-2011, 02:29 PM
Neurona@Home
Memory requirements are increasing - won't run on my laptop anymore :(
Still Invite only, but - as above - AMD Users can send me a PM for an Invite Code.

AMDave
07-16-2011, 11:25 AM
Yes! Yes! Yes! Got past Bok and another. Back into the top 10.
/me looks around for a high five ... swipes the air.
Still smiling though :)

AMDave
07-16-2011, 05:14 PM
Neurona@home - Less than 10 days of work left in Phase II
http://falua.cesfelipesegundo.com/Neurona/forum_thread.php?id=28#144

NeoGen
07-24-2011, 12:01 AM
Dave, you posted on the 16th, today is the 23rd, so work should be over soon then...

Just checked the server status page and it says 99 unsent workunits... guess it's the final stretch... let's get them guys! :)

AMDave
07-24-2011, 10:58 AM
Yup, we are on the last few thousand WUs.
They are getting up over 4GB on win and about 3.25 on Linux.
I'm at max for this project due to the RAM requirements, but not faring to badly if I say so myself ;)

PS - forgot to add,
the admin posted that he will release a small batch of some speculative WUs after the Phase II batch is completed,
possibly as soon as next week.
8GB -> 16GB RAM tasks !!! Whoo mama !
I have 2 boxes with 8GB and 1 with 16GB.
I'm going to go for it and see what crashes :P

NeoGen
07-25-2011, 01:32 AM
I will be there to get them too, I have 1 box with 16Gb :icon_mrgreen: