PDA

View Full Version : where do i start?

YellowBronco
07-16-2011, 07:54 PM
i finaly got the msik9agm3-fin/amdathlon64x25000+ (Sully) on the net, just updating xpprosp3 and vrifying that i do have a key, cool, its a clean system, hope i can keep it that way.
i saw code that u need to enter on a new amd64 somwhere but i cant find it , any one know them?
the internet problem was my motherboard bios, i thoght i installed them , i had to do it again, that took a day.troubleshooting
is this a start a thread for each problem board like ubuntuforums, or can i ramble?

ok, ill go with the nex problem om my list
the hp amdx2 pavillion laptop, failed ubuntu11.04(now i think the problem was i found a ubuntu disk in the library, was all exited and installed it , 6.06 over 11.04 install, tried to reinstall factory by hard drive and disk, didnt work, now funning nuke on it, itll take a while
the frankinstine, Wall-e, she was a dell gx-1 tower, now has gx260 mainboard, but i just ran DBANnuke on it and its comming up fail ata disk wdc 232gb- shutdown,,,??
is ther a way to fix that,,
dan

AMDave
07-17-2011, 09:37 AM
That's a great start.
You already solved one problem.

i saw code that u need to enter on a new amd64 somwhere but i cant find it , any one know them?
Do you mean a Windows key code? Maybe an OEM Windows code? I think you have to pay for those. Not sure on what other code you might mean.

is this a start a thread for each problem board like ubuntuforums, or can i ramble?
separate threads are good for keeping track of separate problems, as long as the problem is clearly identified, but when looking for help to pin down what a problem might be, it is good to have all the info in the same thread.
Ramble? You'll find yourself right at home here :)

the hp amdx2 pavillion laptop, failed ubuntu11.04
I'd stick with 10.04 or 10.10 for the moment for compatibility reasons.
Also, if you can get your hands on it use the release called 'alternative' and if you can, use the DVD version, it has a huge number of drivers and software packages on it.

the frankinstine, Wall-e, she was a dell gx-1 tower, now has gx260 mainboard, but i just ran DBANnuke on it and its comming up fail ata disk wdc 232gb- shutdown,,,??
Is that the BIOS message or was that message from a failed Windows boot?
If it was from a failed windows boot, which version of windows and is the drive IDE or SATA?
(if WinXP and SATA drive, you may have to get the SATA driver to slipstream (add) during install)