PDA

View Full Version : Increasing SOB production

BoostedIntegra
11-21-2004, 04:06 AM
I'm not sure if this works with every system but I've found that by running two SOB clients instead of one on the same comp that production increases. For instance my 3.2 would get around 2.15 ish M, but running two clients is yeilding around 1.3 each putting me in the 2.6 area. Not huge but on a couple comps it will add up, just of nugget of knowledge, and those footsteps are getting closer chaz

jlangner
11-21-2004, 04:22 AM
cool - I'll try it on my 3500.

BoostedIntegra
11-21-2004, 04:30 AM
i misspelled yielding in the initial post and I apologize.

AMDave
11-21-2004, 08:32 AM
good onya Mike !

I must admit that I have made a series of gratuitous non-uses of any spell checker which has been available to me and for that I would now like to commence a period of prostrated groveling :lol: :lol: :lol:

from watching the cEMs rate on the client I have notced that it can "toggle" upwards. to quite a high rate. I have also noticed that I get a much better highest rate when the client is set to "low" priority.

I can trigger a downward toggle simply by opening & closing the "cofigure" window. But once it starts I cannot trigger it to reverse. It just keeps going down and down and....then I stop & exit the client and start it again & it toggles all the way back up again.

"Stop playing with your client you dirty litle man !"
:P :oops: :shock:

Empty_5oul
11-21-2004, 09:28 AM
BI where you open two are you not doing the same work twice, same k and n numbers just getting more credit ??

AMDave
11-21-2004, 09:34 AM
did you install the client to 2 separate directories and get a new Wu for each client ?

jlangner
11-21-2004, 01:03 PM
Whats up with stats! I have had my 3500 doing for 10 hours and nothing on here:
http://www.seventeenorbust.com/stats/users/user.mhtml?userID=5480

But they are showing up here?
http://marcc.no-ip.org/SoB/User.php?User_ID=5480

Empty_5oul
11-21-2004, 01:34 PM
thats just the update, by tomorrow you should be alright as they refresh. prime ribs updates hourly while the official site is much less - we have commented on the graphs before being really slow and seeming to have a mind of their own - as the team as a whole increase the graph decreases :S ???

chaz
11-21-2004, 06:48 PM
I'm not sure if this works with every system but I've found that by running two SOB clients instead of one on the same comp that production increases. For instance my 3.2 would get around 2.15 ish M, but running two clients is yeilding around 1.3 each putting me in the 2.6 area. Not huge but on a couple comps it will add up, just of nugget of knowledge, and those footsteps are getting closer chaz

Two clients is faster with a non-HT cpu?

Empty_5oul
11-21-2004, 07:54 PM
no without HT it makes no difference -- your production just halfs as half is dedicated to each. - i have done it by mistake before when not clicking exit but the red cross and minimising it and later opening another.

to ebenefit you need HT techology or the AMD equivilent.

BoostedIntegra
11-22-2004, 07:32 PM
"I'm not sure if this works with every system " I only use HT p4's so I guess thats why I see the gain. I just open a client minimize and open another client. Intel= amazing

Beerknurd
11-23-2004, 12:21 AM
It does make a small diffrence. But I like to use the extra horsepower on something else...