PDA

View Full Version : WhatPulse

vaughan
11-28-2004, 02:29 AM
I thought it was time we had a separate forum section for this project.

www.whatpulse.org

Our team stats:

http://whatpulse.org/stats/team.php?tid=2655

AMDave
11-28-2004, 06:32 AM
What no pulse ?
BLIP ! BLIP ! BLIP ! ....
Oh there is is.
We are in fact still living.
TGFT
:lol:

I've been running Tiney Key Counter and What pulse together on the same machine for a while and I notice that TKC is collecting more of the key presses than WhatPulse..

Any one else observe this ?
I have no problem with it.
It's likely to happen when running 2 similar programs together anyway.
Just an observation.

Empty_5oul
11-28-2004, 10:25 AM
pulse doesnt not register them but is sometimes slow, though it will catch up. i have noticed this after starting writing a document or something and they are both on 0. then at the end they may be different numbers, if you leave the Pc carry on as normal and check later they will have caught up.

Ototero
11-29-2004, 08:45 AM
I get more TKCs than WPs

Must be the same for everybody. We are still big climbers in each :lol:

Empty_5oul
11-29-2004, 04:39 PM
maybe TKC counts some extra keys e.g. the "F" keys / numpad keys or something ??
according to my system i tried every key on the keyboard and all were recorded in both as the light flashed.

Beerknurd
11-29-2004, 10:55 PM
What Pulse counts control, alt, and shift but TKC doesn't..... At least on my keyboard.....

NeoGen
11-30-2004, 12:54 AM
Once I tried a proggy like that for some distributed project, I don't know which already, but it was funny, because I made myself a little app in vb to simulate keypresses at a fast rate and it actually counted. I could have made myself a great highscore there, like many already on the tables on that project, but I didn't... instead I wrote an email to the author of the project telling him about the critical bug he had there.
Since then I haven't tried anymore of those apps that count key presses or mouse clicks...

AMDave
11-30-2004, 08:14 AM
Its all based on the honesty system, I think.

Although, I notice that there is a key rate so I guess the'll be able to spot any "naughtiness" such as inhumanly possible key rates and then invoke their right to chuck the user out.

So it says in their EULA.

Even if someone else may put their membership at risk I see no reason for us not to give it a whirl.

Something I found out since I've been running it is that I actually type much more, and sometimes a little faster, than I had ever given myself credit for.

I can set out to type up some documentation or write another shell script and at the end of it do a manual update and see how many keypresses I did to finish it and how fast I did them. Think of it like P.V.T. after TypingTutor lessons :lol:

I can just hear my mother's voice in my head "Finally those lessons pay off!"

Anyway. I think it's at least a little bit of fun and we have a team there.

Anonymous
12-16-2004, 08:01 PM
What no pulse ?
BLIP ! BLIP ! BLIP ! ....
Oh there is is.
We are in fact still living.
TGFT
:lol: ok nice

I've been running Tiney Key Counter and What pulse together on the same machine for a while and I notice that TKC is collecting more of the key presses than WhatPulse..

Any one else observe this ?
I have no problem with it.
It's likely to happen when running 2 similar programs together anyway.
Just an observation.

Beerknurd
12-16-2004, 08:07 PM
??????????

AMDave
12-17-2004, 10:00 AM
Guest of unknown credibility is entitled to their own opinion.

If however they do not wish to identify themselves and discuss constructively, then it might be better kept to themselves.

Beerknurd
12-17-2004, 12:56 PM
Amen

Empty_5oul
12-17-2004, 06:23 PM
well said dave :thumbleft: