PDA

View Full Version : Something wrong with stats???

BigDawg
12-02-2004, 05:48 PM
If i look at the active users stats, it shows me in 1st place in einstien and pirates. While I am in 1st in einstien, NeoGen is 1st in pirates.. Or am i just reading the stats wrong?

NeoGen
12-02-2004, 05:51 PM
Our stats inside our pirates team are sorted alphabetically by our names I think... don't know if it's because it's too few of us that they don't bother sorting or something...

*EDIT*

I'm wrong! I didn't notice bwhite was in 5th. I guess that rules out the alphabetical sort option... so, I really don't know.

Ototero
12-02-2004, 06:14 PM
Sorry Guys,

Those silly web sites don't sort the stats.

I'd done the sort in E@H but not P@H.

Tomorrow will SORT itself out :lol:

BTW, BigDawg is No 1 in E@H
NeoGen is No. 1 in P@H

BigDawg
12-02-2004, 06:36 PM
our stats guru does it again :thumbup:

NeoGen
12-02-2004, 07:01 PM
This new trend of the "Recent Average Credit" that I see everywhere around boinc is a nice new way to sort people by their contribution, indeed.
But I still prefer the old ways of the Total Credit, with the big bad numbers. :P
The thing is that I can see I'm not gonna be able to push the team anymore upwards than I've already got, because I noticed that even stretching my pc with dozens and dozens of more workunits the Recent Average Credit won't go much more up.... It's kind of a physical limitation on my pc. :-(

BigDawg
12-02-2004, 09:28 PM
its not so much a limitation on your pc as it is the pirates project. On a normal project, there is a constant work flow and results are constantly given out and returned. It takes longer to get 3 responses per wu to validate it, so you constantly have a pool of pending credit. Once your pending credit reaches a certian point , it is easy for your RAC to keep climbing, as the older wu's are validated. Pirates just doesnt give out enought work for this to happen.

NeoGen
12-03-2004, 12:47 AM
But please, someone tell me if my line of thought is wrong...
An average is a sum of all parts within a given time, divided by the number of parts, right?
So, supposing that I crunch 24 hours a day straight, and I get 200 credits for 100 workunits... everyday my average is always the same... 2!
Isn't the "Recent Average Credit" something like that? With a kind of a fixed limit on the maximum workunits your computer can process on a given time frame, and no more than that?

BigDawg
12-03-2004, 03:29 AM
Not necesarily,
for example, In einstien I have a pool of over 800 credits pending validation.
If i get lucky and a whole string of these get validated fairly close together it can raise my RAC above what i could normally produce. Because i am getting the average credit for those plus any i return that i am the last one to validate.

NeoGen
12-04-2004, 01:45 AM
Back to the main topic again. Pirates team stats still looks unsorted, and I noticed that Seti (BOINC) are as well. But Climateprediction is sorted...weird.
Ototero, who makes the table sorting scripts? isn't it the webmasters at each project site? Or is it responsability of each team to put it there if they want it?
I'm just asking because you said you did the sort on Einstein, which makes me confused...

Ototero
12-05-2004, 09:21 AM
Neo,

If the stats coming from the web site are not sort, then I have to sort them before creating the results.

AMDave
12-05-2004, 09:51 AM
The projects have various default sorts on their pages.

Some BOINC projects are by Total, some by latest average.

I know there is another project sorted by total CPU time.

Yet another is by order the that you joined the team.

Yes it can be confusing.

Most of them allow you to re-sort by the category you want, although a couple don't.

Makes you think how much Ototero has to do to get all the stats lined up for us, eh ?

Ototero
12-05-2004, 10:51 AM
The active personal stats spreadsheet is over 10megs :shock:

My office computer Intel 399MHz 128 meg is really struggling.

Pirates team members page is not sorted. Dhep also.

Empty_5oul
12-05-2004, 03:04 PM
ototero - try asking at work for a christmas upgrade, see if you can get them to buy you say an AMD 3200 - i think trying for a 64 is pushing it a bit too far lol :P

Beerknurd
12-05-2004, 03:29 PM
Probably a RAM upgrade will help that....

Ototero
12-05-2004, 07:24 PM
My last day at the company is 23rd Dec 2004 :cry:

Dunno after that.

Beerknurd
12-06-2004, 03:39 AM
Are you getting laid off, or did you find something else??

Ototero
12-06-2004, 06:26 AM
I'm salaried by my parent company, they hire me out as a contractor. That contract is up in 3 weeks. They then find me another.