PDA

View Full Version : Funny thing happened with my P@H

NeoGen
12-08-2004, 03:47 AM
I saw in their website that they launched a new version of one of their applications. The "yello" application was updated to version 4.54.
As I know that when there's an application update, there's a release of workunits, I started hammering the server with requests.
Turned out that I managed to steal 6 workunits plus the new application to crunch them.

Now comes the funny part... :D

I am running Windows XP and the new application was for Linux! (according to their website) :lol:
Not only it downloaded, as the new core worked perfectly and crunched the 6 workunits that I had looted! :lol:
I gained a very miserable credit for 3 of them as they crunched in about 15 seconds each... :lol:
After I got those 6 workunits I couldn't grab any more. It kept saying "No work available (There was work for other platforms)" (The boys at P@H must have quickly corrected the glitch in their schedulers or something to only send workunits to linux ppl) :lol:
And... 3 of the workunits I crunched are on pending credit for hours already. Since I bet the boys at P@H corrected that glitch I assume that those workunits won't be processed by anyone else now... so I'm gonna have 3 ghost workunits haunting my pending credit forever. (miserable credit workunits anyway) :lol:

*EDIT* Now that I check my results table I saw that it were 10 WU that I looted, and 3 of them are pending. I thought it was only 6 because I only counted 6 of them actually completing... I was busy hammering the server... lol

*EDIT 2* After thorough inspections to my boinc and my workunits results table and all that I found out that I was cheated!!! :P
Boinc downloaded me a new "yello" application, but it wasn't the newest one. It was one way older than that and for windows. Still it's strange that there were workunits being released to that old app while the new one was being tested.

Now, where can I find a hole for me to hide in shame... :oops: lol