PDA

View Full Version : Mersenne@home News

AMDave
12-07-2011, 05:22 PM
The first birthday of the Mersenne@home.
Soon, 19.12.2011, Mersenne@home project will be celebrating its first birthday. On this occasion, a short team race was organized (http://boincstats.com/bam/challengeChat.php?pr=mersenne&chid=171). I strongly encourage all teams to participate in it :)You can now noticed shortage of tasks for the Tdt application. This is a temporary state, due to preparations to the race.New Tdt applications brought a significant increase in performance and, therefore, the scoring for these tasks will be corrected.

More... (http://mersenneathome.net/forum_thread.php?id=82)

Dirk Broer
12-07-2011, 06:47 PM
The Mersenne challenge has been organised by our worthy adversaries from Boinc@Poland, who keep the present Simap race so exciting.
And this challenges does not overlap with others, so I'd say join the fun and ask santa for more up-to-date hardware:icon_santa:

vaughan
12-08-2011, 10:13 AM
I've signed our team up for this challenge. Pity there are so few tasks available. I'm bailing out when I reach 5 Million.

Dirk Broer
12-08-2011, 10:39 AM
I've yet to reach the first 10k for this project, so I'm in for some months/years before I have enough!

vaughan
12-21-2011, 03:37 AM
Come on guys, we are doing OK in this race. Just 2 days to go. Let's fire up all those CPUs. :)

Dirk Broer
12-21-2011, 10:04 AM
Can't fire them all up, it will blow the fuses here at home. Besides, my oldest computers go back to the 80286 era...a Harris 80286-20 actually.
All that is of any practical value runs, and I will soon overtake Lazykiller for the #8 position in the team for this project. Nflight (not active at the moment) is my next target, and I might even reach The Old Sourdough (not active at the moment) before the challenge runs out!
Vaughan, Liuqyn and B Johansson are doing all the hard work, while I trail way after them and lazykiller trails after me. Liuqyn has just passed AMDave, who now is at #4 and not active in this challenge, as is our #5, sentient_life.

vaughan
12-21-2011, 10:41 AM
Do you think we can catch BOINC@Heidelberg?

Dirk Broer
12-21-2011, 02:32 PM
Not with the present effort, no. If you have a spare powerplant and a 48-core clusterserver, who knows?
Seeing you score 20x as much in a day as I do, you must by now have some 2000 results pending,
good for 100,000 credits, or am I wrong?
You hope they will all count for the challenge, as will Liuqyn's and B Johansson's? Them Heidelbergies might have pending results as well...

Dirk Broer
12-21-2011, 06:50 PM
Do you think we can catch BOINC@Heidelberg?
You can make a #3 world-wide I guess, at this rate!:icon_thumright:

Bender10
12-21-2011, 08:41 PM
Here's 10 more cores...

Dirk Broer
12-21-2011, 09:11 PM
Here's 10 more cores...
I hope it's not too late: 10-core Bulldozer due not earlier than 2012 and needs FM2 socket (http://www.maximumpc.com/article/news/beyond_bulldozer_amd_may_release_10-core_cpu_2012)

Dirk Broer
12-22-2011, 02:36 PM
You can make a #3 world-wide I guess, at this rate!:icon_thumright:
Quite an opponent just before you: the famous "North Korean" TrasherX-71, founder of team Keep The Fire Alive!, who is probably just as North Korean as I am a British Virgin. My children can vouch for the last, not to mention the wife.

vaughan
12-23-2011, 02:32 AM
We are out-gunning the Heidelbergers now. I'm close to max output but World #1 daily output is great to see. I had a glitch with my internet access last night as TPG decided to have some unannounced down-time. Luckily my son managed to switch the pharm to iiNet, one of my backup ISPs, so the damage was transient. The server room is like an oven; air con on max. Greenhouse gases - fiddlesticks. We're crunching :)

Dirk Broer
12-23-2011, 10:12 AM
I'm glad it is winter over here -Solstice has arrived- so I can use the crunching farm to heat my hobby room.
The Mersenne@home server seems to be overburdened, so I have a pile of results waiting to be uploaded.
Just some 12 hours to go in this challenge.
/Server is up again!