PDA

View Full Version : BURP News

AMDave
04-01-2012, 08:50 AM
BURP has been acquired by Amazon Inc.
Today we can finally announce that the negotiations on the sale of BURP have completed. For a while, now, Amazon.com has been showing interest in the project but last week they made a concrete offer that we could not refuse. The project, including all assets, user information and the "BURP" name has been transfered and the project will be run by the Seattle-based company from now on. The actual price will not currently be disclosed for political reasons. Jeff Bezos, chairman and CEO of Amazon writes:
We sell a lot of stuff online. With BURP and pre-rendered virtual show-rooms we can make that stuff sell itself even better - it's a perfect fit and will make a great addition to our cloud! As a consequence of the acquisition a number of small changes will happen to the site over the next few weeks as we adopt to the policy of Amazon.com:

The new and improved OneClick-Purchase feature will be added to the gallery. This feature allows you to instantly purchase the ability to view and download any session that you have contributed CPU power towards. For a small additional fee you may even view it twice!
The site will be reworked to fit better on the e-Ink screens of the Kindle and Kindle Touch products. This includes converting all videos and graphics to gray-scale.
The leader boards with top teams and computers will be replaced with a single unified page showing "Top Buyers" mixed with "Top New Products" - there will be plenty of images and a rebate code somewhere. We now include free shipping!

More... (http://burp.renderfarming.net/forum_thread.php?id=2002)

Dirk Broer
04-01-2012, 11:43 AM
Perhaps we can get, as DC-team participating in BURP, discount on Amazon articles?
They also sell computer hardware. I wouldn't mind getting discount on that.
Might go and completely fill my mobo's with maximum RAM to start BURPing even.

NeoGen
04-02-2012, 12:41 AM
Hehehe! :icon_mrgreen:

They always come up with the best stuff for April's fools.

Brucifer
04-02-2012, 04:49 AM
bwaaaaaahahahahaha

Dirk Broer
04-02-2012, 12:33 PM
bwaaaaaahahahahaha
I should have checked the date...