PDA

View Full Version : Jump into Whatpulse and TKC !!!

AMDave
01-19-2005, 05:39 AM
Whatpulse and TKC count key presses (not record what they are) and mouse clicks and scrolls.

At the moment we have only 10 members in WhatPulse and 18 in TKC (although I notice that several have forgotten to re-install their TKC clients).

These two projects don't burn up any CPU time.
They just sit in the background tallying up your score.

I am probably moving up a rank just by typing this!

You can run them both at the same time without any problems.
You don't have to be on broadband - I am a modem user myself.

As we have so many active members and so many of you do visit the Forum, it seems a wonderful opportunity to ask if any of you would give these 2 projects a go.

I hope you will consider TKC and Whatpulse as friendly additions to your task bar.

AMDave

vaughan
01-19-2005, 06:10 AM
LisaD comments that you have to use Win XP SP2 with TKC - its incompatible with her SP1 machine.

Ototero
01-19-2005, 07:14 AM
I've used it successfully on Win98, Win200, XP Sp1 and Sp2 without issues.

Can Lisa explain what the problems are?

Empty_5oul
01-19-2005, 08:44 AM
i can't say i have ever had a problem either, installing across a variety of OS

LisaD
01-19-2005, 10:11 AM
http://img151.exs.cx/img151/5007/tkcerror5fw.jpg

AMDave
01-19-2005, 12:30 PM
It may be conflicting with another program that's running.

It seems that we can establish that it is not "vanilla" XP-SP1 or WhatPulse that is generating the issue.

From previous posts, it appears that Lisa has re-downloaded and re-installed TKC with the same result.

It works for me on a variety of systems too, in tandem with WhatPulse.

Without being able to bench test your system, running it with and without other apps and services, I can't offer any further constructive advice.

On the upside, Lisa, you can consider yourself a 1-in-a-million chance winner. :D

Ototero
01-19-2005, 01:18 PM
Thanks Lisa,

Next time you get the error, click on the "click here".

Then post the screenshot. It will contain more info on the crash.

Beerknurd
01-19-2005, 01:22 PM
I have never had any problems with either. SP1 or SP2...

Nflight
12-25-2005, 03:03 PM
Ototero I had something to say in this post, but I got distracted by your avatar, Again!

Now I can not for the life of me remember what I was going to say. ;)

Ototero
12-25-2005, 09:51 PM
:lol: :lol:

NeoGen
12-25-2005, 10:29 PM
Nflight, if that alone can divert your attention, just wait until Ototero shows her when she turns around ;) :lol:

Nflight
12-27-2005, 06:38 PM
Since I have been watching the stats I have recently noticed that our elustrious team effort has dropped us to the humble dwelling of 296th spot. Just a few weeks ago we were at 292nd spot.
There is only 11 or 12 of us that are working diligently to propel us forward out of 19 members inthe team effort.
I have my What Pulse set to automatically send in a pusl every 24 hours, this leaves me to do other things while I work on my computer system/Gateway to the world.
If anyone is intersted the program runs quietly in the background while you type your fingers raw, and click your mouse to your hearts content.
I am striving to help by typing this extra long winded forum post just to add clicks to my already climbing effort here on WhatPulse.org

NeoGen
12-28-2005, 01:29 AM
WhatPulse/TKC/Dolphin/etc have the downside of being easily manipulable in terms of results. It's very easy to write a script that (virtually) presses lots of keys all the time, thus making these clients believe we're typing, and counting monstruous keycount numbers for us.
That alone kept me away from this special kind of projects for a long time (Distributed Human projects, because it's us who do the "work").

But I'm running them now, under the oath to stop running them if I ever feel tempted to cheat. Cheating teams may get the highest ranks but I don't mind, as I'm here for the sport and for this Team, who I believe no one here cheats either. We're in it for the fun! Right guys? :)

Ototero
12-28-2005, 12:50 PM
Yep, except that I've got nearly 200,000 clicks to add to TKC but it's been down for ages.

Nflight
12-30-2005, 10:25 AM
Please Welcome our newest member to WhatPulse AMD-USR_JL who looks to be off on flying start, thanks for joining us ! :)

NeoGen
12-30-2005, 11:00 AM
JL, you oughta type some more around here. It's good to increase your WhatPulse score. :)
Let's see if now we can stop the downfall at WhatPulse!

Lagu
01-28-2006, 07:53 PM
Hi

I’m now running Whatpulse. I tried first THC for test if they had open for new peoples to join. When I had created an account I got a message who says they should send me an E-mail. When checking my post-box I couldn’t find any E-post message from TKC.
Instead I joined Whatpulse and it is a nice project. I have before been recommended run either Whatpulse or TKS from Vaughans side but I was to negative. I was thinking they could “se” when I click or type in any key. I guess it was any reaction from reading about spy programs as can listen when I type in and. so on.
But this project is nothing to be worried over.

Lagu :D