PDA

View Full Version : Registry Tweak

G.L.I.S.
05-24-2012, 06:44 PM
Hello guys, I'm a (ex) :icon_mrgreen: member of the team.
Now, I haven't time for crunching, but I wanted to tell you a tweak for Win

If you have an (recent) AMD CPU on your PC and want to receive more credits or save electricity :icon_wink:, you could try this registry tweak, download:
http://www.webalice.it/grizlod1/I_LINK.html

Should be valid for any CPU project.

Good job and good luck ...

P.S. :( Sorry for bad English, I don't speak in your language ...

Dirk Broer
05-24-2012, 11:02 PM
Hi G.L.I.S.!

Sure we know you, you're the current no. 10/11 of the team! (The uncertain position is due to MiHost's multiple personalities (http://boincstats.com/en/stats/search/#mihost)) Have you more info as to what the registry tweak is about?

kind regards,
Dirk
P.S. You may not speak the language, but you sure write it well

G.L.I.S.
05-25-2012, 05:47 PM
Hi, Dirk, i thank you, for remember me...

Tweak, serves to better inform the OS about the CPU on board.
Win ignores all that info about the AMD platforms,
It is somewhat useful for all applications in general (makes the best computer games), but, given the context of the forum, I tried to be inherent in the subject.
Sorry if I haven't posted before; there is a file 'readme' inside .zip, to read the instructions first.

P. S. Thanks ... I got help from the automatic translator ...

AMDave
05-26-2012, 07:30 AM
... 'readme' inside .zip, to read the instructions first. ...

3 points of note

1 - " <<<<<<<<<< WARNING! >>>>>>>>>>
The installation of this tweak, is directly under their own responsibility and there isn't ~ there will be no support for it.
So the file/s, in question, are considered 'as is' ... as it is, as they are.
The author is therefore NOT responsible for any malfunction, damage, loss of data or worse, from use of this 'regtweak'."

2 - "Not tested on Windoz8 ..Developper or Consumer ..."

3 - "The higher yields offered (in proportion) is obtained from this tweak overclocking the CPU-NB (Northbridge for BlackEdition CPUs) and the 'Hyper Transport at the same frequency (at least) ... Obviously not disdain to raise the frequency of System Bus (FSB).
For this, it's strongly reccomended, that you install DIMMs of (minimum) DDR3 1866 MHz. For AM2/AM2+ mainboard, it's reccomended DDR2 800/1066 Mhz DIMMs"

I'm interested to see some comparisons of before and after. Are there any published on the web?

G.L.I.S.
05-26-2012, 09:20 AM
Hi AMDave

Point 3), as written, about to lift the Hyper Transport (for K10), is really needed, though at the same time it elevates the frequency of the PCI-Ex (at least 105 MHz ..) With regard to Bulldozer is still (but can not exceed in frequency the CPU-NB) ...

For the rest ... no there is no record on www ...

AMDave
05-26-2012, 10:09 AM
Thanks G.L.I.S.
I have only one machine that this could work on, but I think I need better DIMMS for this than the 'cheap' 1333 ones that I have in that machine. They are not stable when O/C'd.

Dirk Broer
05-26-2012, 11:44 AM
I do have a AMD system with 1866 Mhz memory, but it is running Win8.
I'll look up the Win8 registry to see whether my Llano can be tweaked further along the lines of this tweak.

G.L.I.S.
05-26-2012, 12:02 PM
I think that, with suitable modifications is possible to adjust the tweak in Llano; it, after all, an Athlon in every respect;although sharing the bandwidth with the graphics card may experience bottlenecks.

I do not know if after the updates made in Windows8, there will still be positive feedback ...