PDA

View Full Version : YAFU News

AMDave
07-13-2012, 08:15 AM
C110 reached
We are now at C110 level. Round about 12k workunits are on this level. I watch execution times very closely to decide if we go ahead afterwards with longer numbers. My current view to runtimes is, that 4 additional digits will duplicate the runtime.

More... (http://yafu.dyndns.org/yafu/forum_thread.php?id=105)

vaughan
07-14-2012, 05:08 AM
This is a stupid project that is almost NEVER on-line.

Why the project admin posts these annoyingly tempting posts is beyond comprehension. For starters they should guarantee project availability so the volunteers could actually contribute something. BOINC management needs to ban them as they lower the "quality" of the BOINC experience.

NeoGen
07-15-2012, 01:09 AM
Yea... I know I hate having to be switch back and forth projects on BOINC on my few computers at home, when projects run out, or go offline, because I don't want the computers to be just idling. And I don't want to set 10 different projects running at the same time because that way you get almost nothing out of any of them.

I can't imagine the trouble for you Vaughan, and your large pharm of machines...:icon_neutral:

Dirk Broer
07-15-2012, 08:49 AM
And I don't want to set 10 different projects running at the same time because that way you get almost nothing out of any of them.

Doing 20+ projects on three of my boxes, never noticed that it doesn't pay...:icon_wink: