PDA

View Full Version : SIMAP News

AMDave
07-28-2012, 11:48 AM
Workunits for August upcoming
The workunits for the about 480.000 new protein sequences (for the August release of SIMAP) will be available from Mon, Jul 30 (morning). We estimate that the August batch will need about one week of work. Best, Thomas

More... (http://boincsimap.org/boincsimap/forum_thread.php?id=58)

Dirk Broer
07-30-2012, 08:45 AM
There seems to be work, but so far only five of the eleven teams participating in the August challenge have been able to score credits.
A whopping number of 19 individual users. What goes wrong?

Edit: eighth teams now (including AMD Users), 50 users, one of us (kle) with credit.
Edit2: still eighth teams (including AMD Users), 62 users, still only one of us (kle) with credit...
Edit3: nine teams now, 79 users, smok88 has joined kle.
Edit4: ten teams now, 112 users, B Johansson and myself have joined smok88 and kle.

NeoGen
07-31-2012, 08:12 PM
I should have some credits too by now... I got one machine one it.

Dirk Broer
07-31-2012, 10:54 PM
Only one machine? And your output is higher than me!
Darn, I've got 6 machines working on it, 21 cores in total!
(but they work on some 20-odd other projects as well)

But serious now: the August Simap challenge has already started on the 30th of July, and AMD Users does better
than before: we're currently 7th, and the team has swollen to ten members, in order of credits scored so far:
Bender10, B Johansson, Kle, NeoGen, Dirk Broer, Smok88, Hautlle, Freddie, Moops and Ken429H.
Remember to set your cache to several days, or you'll run out of WUs before the end, like me last time!

NeoGen
08-01-2012, 04:57 AM
Only one machine? And your output is higher than me!
Actually I forgot I had Simap set on another machine since last month and when I got home and checked it had already kicked on and it was running happily.
Nice to know that BOINC is (sometimes) smart. :)