PDA

View Full Version : MindModeling@Home Beta News

AMDave
07-29-2012, 01:54 AM
MindModeling@Home experienced a hardware failure this morning. We will be restoring to our backup system.

Estimated Completion: Monday July 31, 2012 - 12:00 EST hours

AMDave
07-29-2012, 01:58 AM
You will likely see a fall-back in credits in various BOINC stats outlets for a short period until the backup restore catches up to the point when the failure occurred.
as-per previous message, the fix is in progress.

Dirk Broer
07-29-2012, 08:09 AM
I've seen Vaughan losing some 17 million credits on FreeDC this morning, but that's corrected.
But when will my milestones get normal? Now I've done some crazy shit on tuesday july the 24th, losing -and gaining- 45 million, and not getting higher since than 85 million, while I am up to 119 million (almost)

vaughan
07-29-2012, 01:46 PM
Dirk I'm not sure what is going on. I noticed the rise and fall of approx. 17M credits too. It seems related to the FreeHal@Home project stats falling off bok's stats and then re-appearing. Maybe its a CPU ID problem with BOINC on one of my machines. I have been in email contact with AMDave about this today but I haven't got the time or inclination to detach from all projects on all machines, remove the BOINC application and then reisntall and reattach across the farm. Too much work for stupid BOINC. After all this time the application developers should have had this annoying issue sorted out years ago, IMHO.

In the meanwhile I'll just let the stats oscillate - hopefully it will confuse some folk. :)

AMDave
07-30-2012, 08:25 PM
MindModeling@Home Beta server has been restored on backup hardware.
Points have been restored in full.