PDA

View Full Version : Ads

Jeff
02-02-2005, 02:28 AM
Hey guys, I've seen a huge drop in ad clicks. If you guys don't mind, lets try to click on any ads that interest you. It really helps the site out.

Thanks

Jeff

AMDave
02-02-2005, 08:27 AM
looks like my machine has started blocking them in both IE and Firefox.

What is their source site so that I can enable them again?

Jeff
02-02-2005, 03:24 PM
should be ads.adonsar.com

DMMc
02-02-2005, 05:34 PM
Haven't seen any in awhile either. Have enabled what you said but nothing comes up

AMDave
02-03-2005, 04:38 AM
Still nothing showing in the "ads" box on my internet gateway machine.

But, the LAN connected machine, which also has a firewall and antivirus, (both applications are different to those on the internet gateway machine), does show the adds....Hmmm.

Incidentally, it is my internet gateway machine that is yet still showing in-page warnings in the PHP forum header. I still have not found the source of that problem, but I am sure that the problem is on that machine and suspect it to be a Nortons setting. It started around the same time. It is not the Productivity Control, I have already tested that.

DMMc - do you use Nortons ? Maybe we can swap info on this one ?

Jeff
02-03-2005, 04:46 AM
The PHP Header warning is a problem with PHP Nuke. I just havan't sit down and fix the code yet.

AMDave
02-03-2005, 05:50 AM
OK.
Totally separate issue then.
Ta.

Is the adds module a client-side java module ?
Just wondering if it is not compatible with my JVM version
or is it generated server-side ?

Belay that.
I have checked and I have same JVM on both machines.
I just know I am going to kick myself when I find this bug.

AMDave
02-03-2005, 06:20 AM
got it. Well. Found it. Not fixed it yet.

It is client-side Javascript (ECMA), but the script is either not downloading or not executing...working on it

AMDave
02-03-2005, 07:51 AM
Wierd.

It wasn't blocked anywhere, but the script was not downloading. Also cleared the cache and deleted all temp files. still nothing.

So I isolated the code in its own page for testing.

The script refused to run until I removed all other HTML code around it. Then BOOM :!: It worked.

I refreshed the index page and now it runs inside the Forum index page OK as well.

Stumped if I know what the blazes was stopping it from working on this machine.

Anyhow. It's fixed for me.

AMDave
02-04-2005, 08:50 AM
Sorry Jeff.
They stopped again after my last post, so I spent some more time on it. It is actually happening intermittently on the other machine as well (multiple machines, in both IE and Firefox). It seems that the script attempts to fetch some ads and their server fails to respond. Perhaps you can email them and tell them to get a bigger pipe. Either that or they can stick it in their pipe and smoke it. Nothing more I can do from the user end.

vaughan
03-10-2005, 09:12 PM
Ads stopped working for me today. Am getting an annoying message about unable to connect to ads.adsonar.com pesky critter is quite insistent. Grrrr!!