PDA

View Full Version : mega microsoft patching

Empty_5oul
02-10-2005, 08:10 PM
Microsoft release more updates
Web posted on 10/2/05 It's patchin' time...
Microsoft have released a dozen security patches for Windows, a higher than average figure for a monthly update. They cover Office XP, Internet Explorer 6, MSN Messenger and Windows Media Player, and eight of them carry the foreboding 'critical' tag.

This is the second highest number of updates to come in one of Microsoft's monthly updates, but according to a McAfee security expert, the ratio of critical updates is not abnormal.

So if you haven't already, go and get patching to ensure that you computer is secure against these vulnerabilities.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/bulletins/200502_windows.mspx

NeoGen
02-10-2005, 09:19 PM
It's funny to see...
...how Microsoft puts out software in such a shameful state of completeness (full of holes and bugs) and still is proud of it.

...how we rush out to get that same software and love to patch it every month with the new patches that come out. It's kind of addictive, like a game, the more you patch it the more you like it.

Bah! what the heck am I saying here? I am one of those people! :lol:

And I patched my Windows just a few hours ago, like so many people already... :P

Keith75
02-10-2005, 10:00 PM
This particular patch seemed more aggresive than usual. It came up with a window and kept trying to reboot my machine while I was playing Everquest 2. Pretty irritating. :mad:

Empty_5oul
02-10-2005, 10:25 PM
yep, it keeps appearing on ym screen too. guess one of these times i'll give in and reboot.

Beerknurd
02-11-2005, 04:09 AM
I don't wanna reboot... Too much of a pain in the ass to load all those dang chessbrain nodes.......