PDA

View Full Version : theSkyNet POGS News

AMDave
01-25-2013, 06:12 AM
More assimilators
I've just spun up a couple more assimilators to keep up with the challenge

More... (http://ec2-23-23-126-96.compute-1.amazonaws.com/pogs/forum_thread.php?id=181)

Terry1953
01-25-2013, 09:40 AM
Kevin
Volunteer moderator
Project administrator
Project developer
Project tester
Volunteer developer
Volunteer tester
Project scientist

Send message
Credit: 1,336,281
RAC: 4,025
Message 1074 - Posted: 25 Jan 2013 | 8:35:24 UTC
At the currently rate of WU consumption you will process all 1,800 remaining galaxies by Tuesday. Basically you've quadrupled the throughput.

Unfortunately I don't have any more prepared. So we might have to redo some of the old data.

Less than 6 hours into the challenge.

Don't get to excited Kevin just got a dose of reality and found that he had no idea of the power a challenge brings. He is going to be out of work by Tues. and is planning on reprocessing old work units. I don't wast electricity on busy work or projects that want me to. Good bye POGS. I've quit taking tasks and am going to let these run out over the next two days and if there is nothing new is there I'm going to move somewhere else. Plenty of projects with non busy work. I don't think I would be so ticked off if I hadn't specifically ask Kevin about available work less than 48 hours ago.

And then I check my mail and find this:

Congratulations!

You've been chosen as the theSkyNet POGS - the PS1 Optical Galaxy Survey user of the day!
Your profile will be featured on the theSkyNet POGS - the PS1 Optical Galaxy Survey website for the next 24 hours.

LOL