PDA

View Full Version : theSkyNet POGS News

AMDave
01-26-2013, 09:21 AM
Bigger DB
I've had to add another 200GB to the database.

More... (http://ec2-23-23-126-96.compute-1.amazonaws.com/pogs/forum_thread.php?id=185)

Terry1953
01-26-2013, 09:53 AM
A man stunned,

You guys are sucking down 3 galaxies every 10 minutes. The servers are struggling to generate enough WUs quickly enough. Not a problem I ever thought I'd have to worry about. I've been running the queue filler flat out for 12 hours just to fed you lot.

18 an hour
432 a day

In the previous 6 months we'd only done 2,200

I'll try and keep you feed....

Sorry Kevin I ran some numbers and saw this coming I should have pushed a little harder. And this isn't a real big turnout for a challenge. It's just really the two teams wanting to beat on each other. If you happen to draw the attention of 5 or 6 of the big teams it gets nuts and servers really get a workout.

There are 1860 galaxies waiting to be processed at the moment.

Should last a month

Hi Kevin,
I have just gotten back into crunching after a few years of other hobbies. I am in the process of ramping back up a pharm of machines and am using your project to relearn quite a bit that I have forgotten. What I am wondering is are you going to have the tasks available to give out to support the challenge that starts in a couple of days. If you are I'll really push for participation from my team, AMDUser's. But, I'd hate to push and then have a bunch of them come back and cry about the lack of work. We are far from being a large team but there are a few who can gobble up a huge amount of work. I don't put out that much per day yet but I do have two more octo's ordered and set to run about the second week of Feb. and then plan on adding a machine per month after that. You seem to have a well run and highly responsive project and I have no problem asking team members to help out as long and there will be work available.

Thank you,
Terry