PDA

View Full Version : Email address stats?

drezha
03-01-2013, 06:08 AM
Hi guys,

It's been a while since I've shown my face around here! I thought I'd drop in and ask a question as you guys might be able to help.

I basically gave up crunching when lack of money and the power bills combined together. I'm only dipping my toe back into the mix really with my Raspberry Pi - ok, it's not much but it'll be on 24/7, might as well have it crunch right?:icon_wink:

Anyhow, I'm playing with RC72 and I can't seem to get my password email sent to me. I used my Gmail address (which apparently and luckily(?)) is the address my account Drezha uses (so I'm adding to my score already). However, I can't get in to check any options. Don't worry, I'll still be sending results to the team!

NeoGen
03-01-2013, 11:00 PM
Hi drezha!

Long time no see indeed! How has life been treating you?
I really am not the person with the answer for you here, I have not touched DNET in years, had no idea that they came out with an Raspberry pi client, but that's awesome that you are in it.
I am curious to know whats the performance on it, and performance per watt values too, it would be interesting to see a little pharm of Raspberry Pis running on DC projects.

But welcome back my friend, and do tell us about your life adventures as of late. What have you been up to? :)

Brucifer
03-02-2013, 06:03 PM
Some browsers are pretty sloppy about adding spaces when you are pasting in your password to the dnet form where you are trying to access your account, and also when you are in your account and trying to change your options. When you are cutting and pasting make sure you are only copying the letters/numbers.

So are you using the linux client for dnetc with your Raspberry Pi? How long in time does it take it to crunch one 1-unit work unit??? And are you doing OGR or RC5 or both?? :-)

drezha
03-03-2013, 10:20 AM
Brucifer - I'm not getting any email sent to my address. Nothing in my spam folder or inbox and it's obvious it's my correct address as the work is being credited to that account!

I'm on RC5 only at the minute. It seems to take ~1h 30m to crunch a unit, so it's not setting the world on fire!

@NeoGen - Yeah, I signed it up to Dnet because they basically have a client for EVERYTHING. Just looking at the OS/CPU breakdown statistics (http://stats.distributed.net/misc/platformlist.php?project_id=8&view=tco) to see what I mean!! The ARM/Linux lot are behind the people running NeXTSTEP :icon_neutral: I think my units count towards that because when I run the client, it tells me

[Mar 01 19:34:33 UTC] Automatic processor type detection did not
recognize the processor (tag: "armv6-compatible processor rev 7 (v6l),
id 0x4100b767")

Wattage wise, I've not yet measured it, but I think it's about 6W.

I'm using the latest ARM client, rather than the older one - I wasn't 100% on the difference - I might give the older one a go and see if I get any difference in speed, though I doubt it.

Though since I've been on here last, I've pretty much finished my doctorate and I'll be defending my thesis in the next few months (when it gets read!) and I now live and work in London - big difference to my old places in the UK! What've I missed here since being gone?

AMDave
03-03-2013, 11:14 AM
I just kicked off a password send for you, then tested it the password send for my own account.
I received mine immediately so you should have yours by now.
There's nothing to change on your account really, so if you're points are accumulating I would not be greatly concerned.

drezha
03-03-2013, 04:47 PM
Nope, nothing showed up in my mail - wonder what the issue is?

As you say, as long as the points are coming in, does it matter? :icon_lol:

Not sure on this Dnet lark - benchmarks seem to be all over the place.

Pi is constant about 600,000 Keys/s
The Atom I have on the server is about 7,600,000 keys/s down to 2,000,000 keys/s (not seems to be two core's lower than the other so not sure if it's a pure 4 core machine)
My OSX (C2D) is currently showing ~15 Mkey/s on one core and 7,000,000 on the other.
And don't get me started on the Xeon at work - how that's only 7,000,000 I don't really know!