PDA

View Full Version : Fix for Slow Connections to the SAH Servers

cov_route
03-07-2013, 11:23 PM
A fix has been found for slow upload/downloads to the SAH Servers. See the SAH message board topic Windows TCP Settings - Follow up - Help with server communication (http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/forum_thread.php?id=71002).

Dirk Broer
03-07-2013, 11:56 PM
Thanks for the tip, cov_route!

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\servic es\Tcpip\Parameters]
"Tcp1323Opts"=dword:00000003

NeoGen
03-09-2013, 05:39 AM
Welcome to the forums cov_route! :)

I presume you are a dedicated SETI cruncher? I started distributed computing in SETI myself too, at about year 3 or 4 BB (Before Boinc :icon_mrgreen:)
BOINC has become such a predominant force in Distributed Computing that we should start counting dates Before Boinc and After Boinc :icon_lol:

Anyways, don't be shy to post, we have but a fraction of our fellows posting these days but the Team's output still remain strong. What are your favorite projects?

cov_route
03-10-2013, 05:52 PM
Hi NeoGen. Call me Patrick. Or cov_route, that's easier to remember. Cuz it's written right there.

Dedicated...I suppose you could say that in the sense that my one machine is dedicated to SAH. I did some Seti processing way back in the K6 days but then I took a decade off. I was curious to see how things work in the GPGPU era so I started back up just last fall.

I just passed a million in Seti which would have been unimaginable in the olden days. Since they have no shortage of supercrunchers they don't exactly depend on my 10K RAC so maybe later this year I'll look around at some of the other projects that might be interesting.