PDA

View Full Version : need help with changing teams at G@H

NeoGen
11-04-2003, 01:16 AM
Hey all, I just downloaded from the beta section of Folding@Home a version 4.00-PreRelease Build October of the client, but that's not what I wanted to say.
What I wanted to ask is if anyone can tell me how to change my team at Genome@Home. I changed the team ID number to 13129 (Team AMD Users) in the config of the client program and it started counting work units for the team, but only for Folding@home.
The client processes work units for both projects, but how do I change my team at Genome@home?
If I'm not mistaken, the team ID number for Genome@home is 126135812. But where do I use that number?
If anyone has a clue about it... drop a line.

Bionic_Redneck
11-04-2003, 04:44 AM
ok our fah # is 13129 and gah # is 126135812. The way it works is if you have a fah team number all work fah and gah is credited to the fah team all gah work is lumped under project 799 but if you want to run fah wus for our folding team and gah wus for the genome team you have to have to seperate clients in 2 seperate folders and use the respective team numbers and also change the work preference. one more thing you might want to change the client not to check deadline one reason being is if your messing with your time or date or simply clear cmos you could cause the client to delete the work you have complete so far.

NeoGen
11-04-2003, 06:23 AM
Something that I find strange is that if I put 126135812 on the team ID in the client, and then click on status--team statistics, It shows me a webpage on F@H with that team number, which I believe it is not Team AMD Users, and that it has only 3 people that contributed, namely spjeff69, vaughan and Tumppi.
So my question is, if I put the big team ID number in the client, will my results go to that strange team at F@H that the client points me to or really to G@H?

vaughan
11-04-2003, 10:11 AM
I could never understand folding or genome @ home's pages either.

Bionic_Redneck
11-04-2003, 02:34 PM
the strange team you are refering to is people that were running the client for the gah team but ended up with a fah work thats the reason I said you would want to set the work prefernce. I think they have fixed it where if you use a gah team number it gets gah work but if the gah server is down it will still get fah work instead and it will get credited to the others stats page. To answer you question if you put the gah team number in and get gah work it goes to the gah stats page but if you get fah work it goes to the stats page with the 3 people on it. Might be simplier just using the fah team number instead and just forget about the gah team all together and just configure core preference to gah if you wanted to do gah that way all stats go to same place. I have mine set to 13129 and left core to no preference but the other choices are fah only and gah only