02-23-2005, 06:17 AM
Try it - the link for the download is

http://eon.cm.utexas.edu/download/eonclient-beta.exe

AMDave
02-23-2005, 08:31 AM
Thanks vaughan.

Nice and neat.
(I love the KISS principle)

I especialy like the inclusion of the task priority level management being included in the interface and being able to auto-minimize to the taskbar.

Whether or not they have resolved my problem of having to re-download the DLL to fix the security key missmatch every time I start eOn after 24 hours have passed since the last time it ran...we shall see in the next week.

The GUI interface has a very small memory profile which is excellent; 2,064 K while the 'client' is running. It keeps itself at "normal" priority level whilst managing to use almost no CPU cycles. (Still zero secounds CPU useage after 30 mins). Most clients could do this if projects would keep their progress graphics on their web-stats and client status in text form, like this. This is a beautiful example of the benefits of simplicity.

It is simple to install and operate. I hope they do not bend to silly requests to put in progress bars, WU counters, etc... etc... etc...

The CPU useage level run trigger and the ease of priority level changing makes this client a Must-Have for the eOn participant.

Thanks for the post vaughan.

AMDave
02-24-2005, 08:34 PM
Just a quick follow up on the .dll problem.

Yes - It seems to be fixed as well.

AMDave
02-27-2005, 10:40 AM
more follow up...

when I "Quit" the GUI client it does not close the background "client".

It leaves an istance running for each time you start & quit the GUI client :(

vaughan
02-27-2005, 11:55 AM
NP.

All we need now is someone to compare GUI and non-GUI speeds.

NVM
02-27-2005, 11:56 PM
still half as good as linux. i'm trying both...bah Windows

AMDave
02-28-2005, 07:36 AM
The GUI and non-GUI speeds should be identical.

It appears that the GUI simply provides an visual interface to control the non-GUI client.