PDA

View Full Version : Vaughan you just couldn't wait, could you?

daddygeek
02-27-2005, 03:37 AM
Actually, I figured that you would wait till I got within 100 units of you, and then you would open up your floodgates and blow me away. :)

:P But my slow and steady will win in the long run :cool:

AMDave
02-27-2005, 04:19 AM
Atta'boy, daddygeek
Wear'im down.

...actually, you can probably still get him right now.

vaughan
02-27-2005, 10:15 AM
Its just one PC that refuses to run Seventeen of Bust so I switched it from running eOn to TSC. Can't have you thinking I'd give up a rank too easily. :!:

daddygeek
02-27-2005, 01:27 PM
Your 1PC = 2 of mine :-(

I'll update some day :roll:

vaughan
05-01-2005, 05:56 AM
daddygeek: looks like your slow and steady is wearing me down. I'm struggling to stay ahead now. The xp2800+ on an ASUS A7V8X m/b likes to pretend its running TSC occasionally. It gets to the initializing phase but doesn't crunch all 20 conformers. It then moves to the next task, initializes and bombs out again. It thus consumes the 1000 task cashe and sits their doing nothing but the occasional ChessBrain move.

Wasted CPU cycles are very annoying at the best of times but frustrating when we are having a gauntlet!

By my reckoning you'll catch me in 8 or 9 days. I cannot switch machines as all my other boxen are on SOB.

Need that AMD dual core sooner rather than later :shock:

daddygeek
05-03-2005, 09:09 AM
I have some good news for you! It will take longer than 8 or 9 days. I will be going to China in that time and since my OC is unstable after three days, I will have to leave at a normal speed until I come back. On one machine, laptop battery power won't last running TOC. So by the end of the month, I will be getting close to you again! :laughing8:

daddygeek
05-06-2005, 01:30 PM
I see that you (vaughan) have added more power to tsc. ;)
About 1ghz worth.

I'll see if i can find any cheap computer parts in china to me with a new setup. =P~

vaughan
05-06-2005, 01:59 PM
Well I'm trying but it overheats and causes a Windows has encountered an error message. CB still runs and the PC still responds. I close the message, re-start TSC and try again. It lasts a few hours then plays up again. I've taken the side panel off the box and given the case and CPU fan a thorough dustout.

Bring on Winter so that I can cool the computer room nicely!

Empty_5oul
05-06-2005, 04:17 PM
the free "natural" cooling is always the best.