PDA

View Full Version : To use or not to use

Lagu
02-27-2005, 04:19 PM
Hej! (Swedish for Hallo!)

On my harddisc I hawe both version Sb 230 (current used) and Sb 200SSE. (Not exekuted). CPU-z says that:
Instructions: MMX(+), 3DNow(+), SSE, SSE2x86-84. WZPUID tells that my processor supports SSE2. I wounder, may I change to Sb200SSE? What hawe you other for knowledge and experience of having this version on your AMD?
I´m running a wery tall n: 8371185 who has been chrunching 90,00 times and done 79,8%. I dont know if a change to SSE2 should be faster to chrunch or if it is stable.

If anyone who know of this, I should be :D
LAGU

Empty_5oul
02-27-2005, 04:31 PM
i would wait till you get to 100% before switching. As soon as that units complete have a play with them and see for you which is faster.
for P4's SSe2 is faster and though AMD XPs cna run this a newer one (230) was created for them. I find the 230 version to be better on an AMD XP3200+ and a 64 3200+

meckano
02-27-2005, 06:25 PM
On the 17 site forums, it is said that the old one will not be accepted soon, as it can cause 'skipping' over what we are looking for.

(sorry, didn't have the tech. terms in mind for above.)

:)

Edit:
The forum http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php?s=caf18062bdead213b05b613a12928a58&threadid=8195

The quote:
We ask that you spread the word about this new client, because it is very important that v2.2.0 windows clients are upgraded to v2.3.0. Due to the nature of this bug and the possibility of missing a prime, in a few weeks we will stop accepting work from the Windows v2.2.0 client.<bold> At that point, the v2.2.0 windows tests will be reassigned and restested to make sure we did not miss a prime. </bold>The server will not accept work from the Windows v2.2.0 at that time.

And that was posted there Dec.25 2004 :|

vaughan
02-27-2005, 08:34 PM
Lagu, use version 2.3.0 only

Lagu
02-27-2005, 08:42 PM
Ok I will do so! Thanks for the reply.
LAGU

meckano
02-27-2005, 09:59 PM
sounds like lagu will loose all work on that test, yes?

Lagu
02-27-2005, 10:18 PM
sounds like lagu will loose all work on that test, yes?

No Meckano, so esily vill in not be. I vill continued the same way as I started. Bravo Meckano, I se you has started chruncing SOB. If you has one P4, you vill perhaps put me off and rapidly go upp many steps.
LAGU

Empty_5oul
02-28-2005, 04:59 PM
meckano even if you do an uninstall the files are left so you can change the cleint version unless you manually go into program files and delete SB.

Your both doing fine in 17 nice for a bit of extra power for the stats

AMDave
03-01-2005, 11:29 AM
Hej Lagu.

JAG lägga en meddelande för du inne om annan nyheter "SoB Milstolpe 500T"

AMDave

Empty_5oul
03-01-2005, 04:52 PM
dave when you post these can we have a english and whatever language (sweedish in this instance) so everyone can understand it :?

Beerknurd
03-01-2005, 04:53 PM
^^^^ BUMP ^^^^

:lol:

Lagu
03-01-2005, 05:32 PM
dave when you post these can we have a english and whatever language (sweedish in this instance) so everyone can understand it :?

Yes, AMDave has tell me that he has a message to me in this thopic "Top 500 someting" I think AMDave is kind enoug to send a little message on Swedisch because to se if he can translante this difficulty language. Of course he vill send a message so all can understand next time. I hope you all in this forum vill have a little patience :D

Cheers
LAGU

Empty_5oul
03-01-2005, 05:36 PM
your english is 99% correct anyway and the mistakes you make are very minor. it is much better than any of us could do on a sweedish forum, if you dont understand anything just post and we can re-phrase it for you.

Lagu
03-01-2005, 06:44 PM
your english is 99% correct anyway and the mistakes you make are very minor. it is much better than any of us could do on a sweedish forum, if you dont understand anything just post and we can re-phrase it for you.

Thank you Emty_5oul. :D

It is a good testimonial. I am totally deaf. I has never heard a talking words even in my Swedisch language. For 25 years ago I learned a lot of englisch words not by my ears but by my eyes. I was looking on my teachers mouth and get all words pronuncitation thats way. Hoewer, I couldn´t hear any TV or Radio and hear the many englisch words they talk in films. To the end I forgotten a lot of words. Thanks to the Internet my englisch slowly get better and better. I am happy to know that I can write to people all ower the world, and I am learning more och more thanks to you all in this forum. If i don´t understand what you all has wrote, I need my own diktionary to se what you mean. I think I´m the first deaf member ever in this forum :D
And my deafness may not stop me from to be active in this forum, where many pleasant peoples are :!:
Nou you perhaps will know why AMDave should give me a pleasure.
I hawe got an E-mail also written in pretty good Swedisch from him. He wisched me welcome and was hoping you all will help me if I got trouble and so on. He touched me totally!

Thank you for your symphathetic
LAGU

AMDave
03-02-2005, 08:22 AM
Oli,

Both translations - no problem.

Yes I was being naughty...and I knew it.

Actually, one of my posts to Lagu was joking with him that you would want to know what I was saying.

In another post I was hoping that you would look up the English-Swedish translator and try it for yourself.

Lagu,

Thank you for your kind words Lagu.

If I post in Svelt I will also include the English from now on.

You have worked hard to talk to us.
I think it is fair to make some effort for you.

And, yes, your English is Great !

I have bookmarked the "nada" site.
Thank you for the link.
I will try it soon.

Lagu
03-02-2005, 08:40 PM
Oli,

Both translations - no problem.

Yes I was being naughty...and I knew it.

Actually, one of my posts to Lagu was joking with him that you would want to know what I was saying.

In another post I was hoping that you would look up the English-Swedish translator and try it for yourself.

Lagu,

Thank you for your kind words Lagu.

If I post in Svelt I will also include the English from now on.

You have worked hard to talk to us.
I think it is fair to make some effort for you.

And, yes, your English is Great !

I have bookmarked the "nada" site.
Thank you for the link.
I will try it soon.

AMDave!

I hawe tears in my eyes. You has been tremendous kind and done what few peoples who has englisch as his/her mothers tonque should do under her/his lifetime. When I am sitting here I´am thinking that you are such a person who I should like to be friend with!

:D LAGU :D

meckano
03-09-2005, 01:45 AM
Hello! :)
Swedish below :)
The second row, InterTran, has swedish translation. It will change screens without warning, so suggest you type in a text file and copy - paste the information.
When my computer does do work, it is just over 1 million, but it does not get alot of time, as I share Boinc on same computer. They do not play well together, so I have to run one then the other. I don't know if I will do a second unit for them.
By the way, the site also does webpage translation on the right side of screen. (and they do get busy, at times.) :)

Later all,
Keep on keeping on!
meck

god dag :)
Sekunden rad InterTran , har svensk översättning. Den vilja ändra skärmen utan varningen , så föreslå du skriva på maskin i en text arkivera och kopia pasta informationen. När mig computern gör gör verk , den er like över 1 miljonen , utom den fick inte alot av tid , så JAG del Boinc på samma computern. De spelte inte brunn tillsammans , så Jag har till springa en då den annan. JAG icke gör det veta om Jag vill gör en andra enhet för dem. For övrig , tomten också gör webpage översättning på det rätt ta parti mot någon av skärm. ( och de gör få sysselsatt , på tiden ) :)

Senare all ,
Fortsätta hållande på!
meck

http://www.humanitas-international.org/newstran/more-trans.htm

Lagu
03-09-2005, 08:32 PM
Hello! :)
Swedish below :)
The second row, InterTran, has swedish translation. It will change screens without warning, so suggest you type in a text file and copy - paste the information.
When my computer does do work, it is just over 1 million, but it does not get alot of time, as I share Boinc on same computer. They do not play well together, so I have to run one then the other. I don't know if I will do a second unit for them.
By the way, the site also does webpage translation on the right side of screen. (and they do get busy, at times.) :)

Later all,
Keep on keeping on!
meck

god dag :)
Sekunden rad InterTran , har svensk översättning. Den vilja ändra skärmen utan varningen , så föreslå du skriva på maskin i en text arkivera och kopia pasta informationen. När mig computern gör gör verk , den er like över 1 miljonen , utom den fick inte alot av tid , så JAG del Boinc på samma computern. De spelte inte brunn tillsammans , så Jag har till springa en då den annan. JAG icke gör det veta om Jag vill gör en andra enhet för dem. For övrig , tomten också gör webpage översättning på det rätt ta parti mot någon av skärm. ( och de gör få sysselsatt , på tiden ) :)

Senare all ,
Fortsätta hållande på!
meck

http://www.humanitas-international.org/newstran/more-trans.htm

Hej meckano! (Hallo meckano!)

Thanks for your nice translation. It was a pleasure to read and well done! :!: Swedish is a smal language used by a population of 9 milj. The grammar is a great shallenge. Thanks also for the link and your explain how it work. I hawe tried it but I dont like it. I like my 5 cm fat Englisch - Swedish and Swedish - Englisch bible better. I see you are running Boinc. Has you even InterTran software? It seems as it will take mush power.
I hope it will be solwed.
:D Lagu :)

The same in Swedish :)

Tack för en fin översättning. Det var ett nöje att läsa och bra gjort! Svenska är ett litet språk, använd av en befolkning på 9 milj. Grammatiken är en stor utmaning. Tack också för länken och din förklaring. Jag har prövat den, men jag tyckte inte om den. Jag tycker bättre om min 5 cm tjocka Engelsk - Svenska och Svensk - Engelska bibel. Jag ser att du kör Boinc. Har du även InterTran mjukvara? Det verkar som att det tar mycket kraft.
Jag hoppas att det löser sig.
Lagu ;)

EDIT: Just nu har vi -5 Celsius och snö faller från himlen. Try to translate this.

meckano
03-09-2005, 09:22 PM
Hello,
I do not have the InterTran software, it is the name of the translator I use at the link I show.
I'm glad that it does a good job of translating.

God dag ,
JAG hade inte den InterTran mjukvaran , det er namn om översättare JAG använda på länken JAG utställning.
Jag er glad så pass den gör en god arbete av översätta.

Lagu
03-27-2005, 04:03 PM
Hallo Bernknuud!

I will tell you when I was running SOB and use my Athlon 64 a WU takes 5 days to crunch. It should be interested to hear how your new HP Athlon 64 handle this work. I skipped SOB because I not liked this WU's who took so loooooooong time to run.

Lagu ;)

Beerknurd
03-28-2005, 01:03 PM
I'll go back to SOB in a bit... I'm running Ubero to get kind of a benchmark on what this system can do. I'll let you know when I start crunching SOB. Probably in a few days.

Empty_5oul
03-28-2005, 01:06 PM
beer - i cant remember if your bb has capped upload or download but you could try 3D mark 03 or something similar (i think thats availale here) would be good to compare a 64 3200+ and 64 3300+. See what the difference is in reality as oppose to box speeds.

Beerknurd
03-28-2005, 01:11 PM
I'm not as smart as I want to be... Can you explain your post in English??? :lol:

Empty_5oul
03-28-2005, 01:22 PM
bb= broadband.
do you have any limitations on the amount you can download ? There is a program you can run called "3D Mark 03" which will give your computer a score and do individual components. It is fairly large so i asked my first question.
Then if you do it on a 3300 and post processor score i do it on mine and we can compare.

Beerknurd
03-28-2005, 01:23 PM
oh ok... :lol:

I'll post it when I get home... I'm at work now.

AMDave
03-28-2005, 01:35 PM
Yes. U R.
But are you really ?

:lol:

Beerknurd
03-28-2005, 01:36 PM
no comment....

Empty_5oul
03-28-2005, 02:04 PM
thans beer, i look forward to it.

you call posting here work ????

Beerknurd
03-29-2005, 12:56 AM
:shock: 178MB.... That will take a while....

Beerknurd
03-29-2005, 02:45 AM
How embarrising.....

My Dell got 847 3D Marks

My AMD got 195 3D Marks

All of my graphics cards are stock... I have not upgraded them at all. So that's why I think I got such a low score....

Beerknurd
03-29-2005, 02:46 AM
How do you do just the processor scores????

And how the hell do you open a .3DR file???

Beerknurd
03-29-2005, 08:28 PM
Hey Oliver!!!!! The previous page has my scores...

Empty_5oul
03-29-2005, 08:34 PM
dont bother even thinking about 3D mark 05 i failed to even reach 0.00 with a 256mb grahpics card.

Empty_5oul
03-29-2005, 08:35 PM
3DR is its own engine you dont open it, you can send it to me or just post the processor scores which i was mainly interested in, after running it select export to excel then you have the data to play with.

Empty_5oul
03-29-2005, 08:39 PM
sorry i didnt answer your post either time, in the selection at the start click "select" under "test" unselect the lot apart from CPU.

Beerknurd
03-30-2005, 03:49 AM
It won't let me open it with excel. It says it's not recognized...

The free version won't let you change any settings....

Beerknurd
03-30-2005, 03:50 AM
I can email you my results....

Beerknurd
03-30-2005, 03:56 AM
Nevermind....

My Dell got a 591 CPU score.

The AMD scored a 208... Doesn't that seem low???

The Intel smashed the AMD.... :shock:

Empty_5oul
03-31-2005, 10:13 AM
it does mate, my 3200 non 64 managed 347 CPU marks.
i dont see why the intel did so well ????

Beerknurd
03-31-2005, 02:11 PM
What does your 3200 run on SOB??? How many cEM's??? Right now my 3300 is running at almost 1.7M and my Dell is at about 3.2M. I'm running at 5M right now.... :shock:

Empty_5oul
03-31-2005, 06:47 PM
my 3200+ gets around 1.2 usually, mine is on 1.4M now as it has been open for a while solid and built up. 64 6300+ can hit 1.6 usually more like 1.4 though.

Lagu
03-31-2005, 09:42 PM
Where can I got 3Dmark 2005?
I have 3Dmark 2001 and have run all 27 tests whith this program and get a score of 8.105 points. But I belive the results can be much lower with 2005 years wersion.

Lagu :D

Beerknurd
03-31-2005, 10:35 PM
Lagu,

You can find it here. Be prepared, it's a huge download. 283Mb. I hope you have a good internet connection...

http://www.futuremark.com/download/?3dmark05.shtml

Empty_5oul
04-01-2005, 07:43 AM
it is very disappointing gettting about 1 fps :(

Lagu
04-01-2005, 06:51 PM
Lagu,

You can find it here. Be prepared, it's a huge download. 283Mb. I hope you have a good internet connection...

http://www.futuremark.com/download/?3dmark05.shtml

Thanks Beerknurd. Yes I have 2 Mbits upload and 0,38 Mbits download speed. I see it will take little over 16 min.

Lagu

Empty_5oul
04-01-2005, 07:39 PM
i take it you wrote that wrong 384k download and 283M in 16mins the server will probably be slower than that.