PDA

View Full Version : how many people run gomez and how much are u making

ahab3333
03-14-2005, 06:06 AM
i run gomez and i get about 4 dallors a month. I am 544 place and i have it running on 4 computers.

so what do you guys get?? just wondering if i am normal or on the low side. do you get more processing as your rank goes up because i have noticed that i am processing more and more but they might jsut be getting more bussiness.

vaughan
03-14-2005, 07:50 AM
About USD5 per month. 230th now. I was once 98th but that was when I had unlimited cable internet connection. Now stuck on 20GB per month "unlimited" go figure! how Optus twist the English language to measily around that loop-hole. Oh but for a Consumer Competition Watchdog with balls.

andrewdodd13
03-14-2005, 03:03 PM
hmm there's money involved,so I'm gonna ask: whats gomez? google didnt turn up much interesting

Beerknurd
03-14-2005, 03:31 PM
I haven't ran it in a long time.... Maybe I should crank it back up....

NeoGen
03-14-2005, 04:31 PM
hmm there's money involved,so I'm gonna ask: whats gomez? google didnt turn up much interesting

It's a kind of a DC project that uses mostly your bandwidth, but you get paid for it. Check it's website:
https://peer.gomez.com/

Empty_5oul
03-14-2005, 04:51 PM
the pay is minimal though.

Lagu
03-14-2005, 06:54 PM
i run gomez and i get about 4 dallors a month. I am 544 place and i have it running on 4 computers.

so what do you guys get?? just wondering if i am normal or on the low side. do you get more processing as your rank goes up because i have noticed that i am processing more and more but they might jsut be getting more bussiness.

How will they pay you? By check or? Or when the project has got to an end? I am a Swede. Should they pay me and send money from USA to Sweden? Many peoples in the USA dont know where Sweden is.
Lagu :lol:

meckano
03-14-2005, 08:00 PM
Most everyone uses PayPal to pay you.

This link is where I watch for new projects:
http://distributedcomputing.info/index.html

Beerknurd
03-17-2005, 02:00 AM
I have been running mine for about 3 days now and it says I have $0.16. But my agent is pending, and while it says pending I can't earn any money. But a few months back I ran it for about 3 months and my agent was always pending... I guess they don't need anyone from my area with my connection type. That's what sucks about this project.... Does anyone else have a pending agent and still actually get paid???

meckano
03-17-2005, 02:37 AM
When I did Gomez a year or so ago, the pending was a trial period, to see if you were actually meeting the requirements.
If you did, there was still a chance you could be paid for work you did during pending, or you were paid for what you did during pending; something like that.
It is also checking, like you say, if your area is in need of someone. I was not badly needed, so quit.

Beerknurd
03-17-2005, 02:55 AM
I guess I'll run it for a while.... I'll see how it goes....

ahab3333
03-17-2005, 03:10 AM
you need to run it for a about 6 months or run it on many computers to get activated. it took my almost 6 months to get activated

vaughan
03-17-2005, 05:03 AM
Depends on where you are around the planet and what connection you have. Sometimes they want dial-ups othertimes broadband. If you have what they want you get activated pretty quick. I find it can really suck bandwidth even on the lowest "min" setting so I tend to run it towards the end of each month if I can spare the bandwidth (my limit is 20GB).