PDA

View Full Version : Chrunching F@H

Lagu
03-19-2005, 11:05 PM
Hi!

I have join AMD users in F@H in this evening and a task will take 2 days to run. I have taken a look on DPAD and RC75-72 home side. DPAD has null results uploaded overall today. So I skipped to run this project. I don’t know why it is null results. I will have a task and return it and get a new one. Not sit and wait as nothing will happen. My computer shall run day and night. I think. The best run is 2DOL but I run it on my Athlon ™ . I have E-mailed Vaughan and he recommend RC5-72, OGR25-P2 or DPAD but I don’t know how download the software from theirs site, if I should prefer this instead. However I like to run drugs project to solve problem for peoples in the future.
Lagu ;)

NeoGen
03-19-2005, 11:17 PM
And at the same time you'll be running up for my contest. :)
Check the contest thread tomorrow night to see how well you're doing against the others ;)

Lagu
03-20-2005, 06:06 PM
Hi! :D :D

What happen if I must do a reboot and is running F@H? Will I lost the whole task or will the task continue running from where it was stopped or interrupted.

Lagu

NVM
03-20-2005, 09:32 PM
Hi!

I have join AMD users in F@H in this evening and a task will take 2 days to run. I have taken a look on DPAD and RC75-72 home side. DPAD has null results uploaded overall today. So I skipped to run this project. I don’t know why it is null results.

Lagu, did you use the right syntax when entering your name? you must use"[Team Here]Name Here"without the quotation marks.also, it takes a while for points to show,but with one machine you should be able to get 10,000 points a day average.

NVM
03-20-2005, 09:32 PM
Hi! :D :D

What happen if I must do a reboot and is running F@H? Will I lost the whole task or will the task continue running from where it was stopped or interrupted.

Lagu

it will save your work,don't worry.

AMDave
03-20-2005, 11:09 PM
thanks NVM.
BTW what does the NVM stand for ?

NVM
03-20-2005, 11:17 PM
the "M" is Mike, NV is North Vancouver(BritishColumbia,Canada)

AMDave
03-20-2005, 11:27 PM
Cool.
I was conjuring up wierd things like "Ninja Virtual Machine" etc. LOL

Hi Mike. Nice to make your aquaintance.

vaughan
03-20-2005, 11:41 PM
Lagu,
If you run Electron Microscope III (EMIII) from here:

http://home.comcast.net/~wxdude1/emsite/index.html

it shows information about the Folding At Home protein you are working on including progress as you crunch. This way you can observe a good time where you won't lose too much work if you have to stop F@H from running (eg to re-boot your PC).

Also, the F@H console guide is very useful:

http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandegroup/folding/console-userguide.html

Lagu
03-21-2005, 10:27 PM
Hi all!

I have only run 2 work units so far but got from 0 to 310 in credits. My next scalp is AMDave :D :D :D
Lagu

Lagu
03-22-2005, 06:08 PM
Hi!

Has anyone run F@H with a task large than 5 MB? If so how long time takes this WU to crunch with an AMD? I have 1.024 MB memory.
Lagu

Lagu
03-22-2005, 06:40 PM
Hi Again!

AMDave!

Now I have catch up you in F@H and got one step before you with 3 WU's done and getting 379 in credits. It's the second time this happen. First in 2DOl and then now.
What have you to say to your defence? :signlol: :signlol:
Lagu :D

Empty_5oul
03-22-2005, 06:55 PM
its gd lagu you still have dave top catch in SOB and RC5 though.

AMDave
03-25-2005, 12:38 AM
Hi Again!

AMDave!
What have you to say to your defence? :signlol: :signlol:

Um. er. Well you see ... um.

I want another computer! WAAAAHHHHH ! :binky:

Lagu
04-06-2005, 02:28 PM
Hallo my friends!

Right now I am running Protein: p1141_RIBO_FSpeptide_HEL_nospring. It will giwe me a hell of points, the highest of all different proteins, whole 600 points. Yabba dabba doooo! Whom is saying so? Can you guess?
FahCore_78.exe use 106 MB memory for this WU mot normally 45 MB.