PDA

View Full Version : A devotion to HELP

Nflight
02-12-2014, 12:51 PM
Back in December of 2013 we had some online competitions going on WCG, we ended up scoring pretty well with many of our Team Mates crunching Work Units. As of February 12, 2014 I am still crunching Work Units in WCG.
After I noticed my initial sign up date and a percentage of how many work units I had crunched expressed in decimal points near the Bottom of my Results Status link from the BOINC Project, ON the results Status Page I clicked on the the My Statistics > link which displays my total work units crunched. Scrolling towards the bottom of the data I found Statistics by Project and all the wonderful stats we can review. What I also found was the 'Additional Statistics' The last Statistics message is the decimal point representation that tells you how many work units per day you have averaged. Yes folks how many work units you have devoted to the success of the project, and it also gives you some added good feeling that you are providing a service with a purpose. As all this work may save peoples lives with their discoveries! While I joined back in April of 2007 in order to reach that date I want to be on that date with a solid 1.0. Right now I have ~ 500 work units to crunch to reach that data conquest. SO if you see me and my scores, I am seriously pushing to save lives somehow with the little effort I can muster.

Lets all make a difference! :blob3:

P.S. Today I will exceed 100,000 Points in BOINC too !

Jason1478963
02-13-2014, 01:01 AM
congrats Nflight on your efforts on WCG and the good feeling it gives to be a part of these great sub projects. I look forward to seeing you move up the ranks there. :)