PDA

View Full Version : slackpawn massive production

Empty_5oul
03-24-2005, 09:15 AM
not really sure where to put this but from looking at our stats slackpawn has spead out across multiple projects and is getting big scores all over.

:thumbleft:

AMDave
03-24-2005, 09:59 AM
slackprawn
Oh oh. The chess board might get a bit interesting if we started playing with our sea food.

A slack/loose pawn in chess is a forward (or wayward) pawn that is at risk as a result of play and is likely to be taken. But it can also be a pawn that you have liberated from the attacking lines of your opposing player which you can then use strategically to block or attack or sacrifice in a gambit. That is one of the times when a pawn gains its greatest value in the game.

The sp. is amusing, but with respect to our esteemed colleague I am sure that the "r" is not meant to be there. LOL

Empty_5oul
03-24-2005, 10:46 AM
^^ is that better dave.

i think i prefer slackprawn though, lol

AMDave
03-24-2005, 10:53 AM
:lol:

SP is getting a fair turnover in SoB and a few others as you noted.

I have said before that I wish I had more machines, but looking around me, I have to wonder where I would put them. A rack of 2U hosts would be great. I am told that an old 5U box is best for the main host in a homemade rack because you can still fit in your PCI and AGP cards. (reminder to self to buy lottery ticket this weekend :D )

Empty_5oul
03-24-2005, 11:13 AM
otherwise keep your machines on the floor etc but upgrade their components.
you have the bb now but not a 64 bit processor to go with it :)

AMDave
03-24-2005, 12:59 PM
...and don't I know it :P

SlackPawn
03-25-2005, 12:22 AM
I haven't increased my production. I just started shifting from Seti & Einstein to that wierd list of things

In case you think I've been a "slacker" take a look at this:
http://stats.free-dc.org/new/teamstats.php?proj=cb&team=AMD+Users

I just keep a bunch of CB clients open in case they should happen to wake up now and then.

AMDave
03-25-2005, 12:48 AM
Whoa.

"just"..."a bunch" !
We should ask you to shop for a bunch of grapes.
We could start our own vineyard yes? :lol:

That's some serious turnover.
Very impressive.

Empty_5oul
03-25-2005, 01:05 PM
you are really rocketing up the ranks across the projects :)