PDA

View Full Version : No automatic firewall rules for Firefox 1.0.2

meckano
03-24-2005, 11:10 PM
I have to create each rule seperately. :(
and after having to reinstall firefox. :(

Lagu
03-24-2005, 11:46 PM
Why is Firefox so great compared with IE? Seems as many has it as alternative. Is it easy to change browser?

I have a monthly newspaper whish name is “PC for ALL”. They write: Time to change browser? FIREFOX. Have you been tired of all secure updates as you must download in season and out of season? Take a step and test the Firefox who is much secured than IE.
“Mozilla Firefox is slimmed, but holds a lot if interested functions” The wait is ower. Get the Firefox 1.0 the faster better web browser” Free downloads for Windows, Swedish (4.7 MB)

Anything to recommend for me?
Lagu :cool:

meckano
03-25-2005, 01:38 AM
Now that they have version 1.0.2 it is a good browser.
Hopefully they don't find anything else bad.
- One reason it is said to be so great is because it does not use activeX, which is a good hole for hackers and what not.
-- I ask, is activeX on the way out? if yes, then fine, a switch is ok.
--- depends what you do with it.

I have both IE and Firefox installed; Firefox is so small.
- It does not open as fast as IE because it is not intergrated into Windows.
I still have IE as the default browser, and to use shortcuts I drag them to an open Firefox window; although you will see during the setup that it can get most information already in IE. I had to reset my homepage preference manually.

Empty_5oul
03-25-2005, 01:03 PM
i have both aswell but use IE 90% of the time and firfox for a few bits here and there.
I am so use to this that i dont really want to change and with protection IE should be ok anyway.