PDA

View Full Version : Grub: I can't join team

SlackPawn
03-26-2005, 04:00 PM
I can log in ok using my user name and password, but when I try to update my profile, it says my user name was already taken. It that's true then how come I was able to register & log in?

NeoGen
03-26-2005, 05:50 PM
That's strange... I can't tell anything about grub, I've never registered on it, but still that would be very strange any project.
Give it some time, maybe it hasn't fully processed your registration yet in the databases... who knows...

Empty_5oul
03-26-2005, 08:42 PM
it takes a refesh to update, you will be on there tomorrow.

vaughan
03-26-2005, 10:27 PM
SlackPawn, I had the exact same problem. I went to the Grub Forum and wrote to one of the project admins a PM (Let it Grub). They fixed up my account with correct Country, Age and most important my Team Affiliation. They say I had two Grub accounts and that caused the conflict. It took a few days to sort out too.

SlackPawn
03-27-2005, 01:33 AM
I was suspecting 2 accounts, so I tried to change everything including the username, and then maybe I could access the other account. That attempt was rejected, too.

If I try to post to a forum, another login box comes up, but my username and password won't work there. I tried the applet to send a PM to 'Let it Grub', but again I got another login box where my username and password do not work.

I read in one of the FAQ's that one must register separately for the forums and the web site, so while on the forum page, I went through the registration thing on that page. Nothing perceptable resulted from that; I still can't post or access 'Let it Grub'. (maybe I have 3 accounts now instead of only 2)

When I log into the web site, it says: "Welcome back, Slackpawn!", and the 'prfile' button appears in the menu bar. I can go to my profile, but I can't change it.