PDA

View Full Version : NRG News

AMDave
05-24-2014, 12:38 AM
New batches
You are currently helping us to distinguish between molecules who can bind a particular target from molecules who can't. This type of experiment is called virtual screening and is one of the main applications of molecular docking. It is of particular interests to pharmaceutical companies as it can truly accelerate the process of drug discovery as to quickly identify potential binders.The batch IDs are used to represent the different targets:16308 - Androgen receptor (AR)31492 - Protein kinase CDK212978 - Epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR)17749 - Agonists of Estrogen receptor (ER)11723 - Antagonists of Estrogen receptor (ER)1549 - Protein kinase FGFR1...I will keep the list updated as more jobs are created.

More... (http://boinc.med.usherbrooke.ca/nrg/forum_thread.php?id=3608)

Nflight
05-24-2014, 06:02 PM
Frederic Brillouet and Vaughan should find these tidbits very interesting. I am dealing with molecular biology mostly in the unicellular range of biology, these types are interesting to read about but that is as far as it goes with me, a quick read and off to the next expanse of voracious reading...etc. Thanks AMDave!