PDA

View Full Version : Associations statistic

Lagu
04-01-2005, 08:19 PM
Dear members of the ‘AMD-users forum.’

Not since Deviant_Kine created the topic “Word Association” 2004-12-11 has any tread been so active. Daily there are a few members who add to this list with new or previously used words, sometimes in a new context. It had been my intention for some time to make myself a dictionary of all these words and translate them to Swedish. However there have been words of peoples, actors, cars, and places that I won’t add to the wordlist. They have written words that are common in the USA and Canada but few from Europe can easily relate to them. Although Red Skelton is not forgotten, even for me! I have noticed the words added in march are more inspiring than those in jan and feb, thanks to AMDave and some others who came with new words and new fantasies.
I have now written 24 A-4 pages (1.301 lines) in Excel. I did it first by hand, and then typed every letter through the keyboard. While I was working on this, it came upon me to make some statistics known to you members.

I now present this material:

For jan there was a massive addition of new words; A full 33 frames were filled in the server. For feb there where 27 frames filled and in Marsh there were 19 frames.

The most common words were these, and oftenly used.

Dead and death 12 times
Dog and dogs 7
Cat 6
Drugs 6
Funny 6
Laugh and laughs 5
Beerknurd times 4
Bird 4
Camera 4
Hole and Holes 4
Money 4
Movie and movies 4
Music 4
Poop 4
Rock 4
Sad and sadness 4
Salt and salty 4
Sleep and sleepy 4
Stone and stoned 4
Woman 4

These words have been used 3 times:

Annoying, Ball, Black, Boat, Brain, Break, Car, Computer, Evil, Gates, Humor, Intel, Nightmare, Pirates, Power, Scary, Shoes, Soccer, Spice, Star and stars, Technology, Teeth and Traitor.

These words have been used twice:

Action, Actor, Airport, Art, Ass, Asimov, Banana, Band, Beach, Beef, Big, Birth, Black hole, Boring, Cartoon, Cheese, Chocolate, Circle, Cold, Comedy, Crocodile, Cry, Delete, Dentist, Digital, Dream, Dumb, Fad, Farts, Fast, Fat, Fiction, Food, France, Free, Fun, Ghost, God, Golf, Government, Grave, Great, Hair, Happy, Hardware, Head, High, Illegal, Liberated, Love, Mensa, Moon, Hotel, Mouse, mumbo Jumbo, Night, Nike, Nonsense, Old, Overclock, Phantom, Philosopher, Phone, Pictures, Piece, Planets, Pure, Race, River, Sick, Sorrow, , Space, Speed, Sphere, Sport, Swamp, Television, Theatre, Trinity, Wasted, Weed, White, Wood, Wool and work.

So in the end; for members who are interested, it comes in alphabetic order
Ahab3333 1 time
AMDave 160
Andrewdodd13 98
Beerknurd 387
Daddygeek 11
Deviant_Kine 27
Dmmc 188
Elez 2
Emty_5oul 50
Gamer007 176
Guests 12
Imortrel 78
Jlangner 4
Lagu 6
Meckano 2
Ototero 2
Rrcrain 92
Spjeff69 12

I will thank Meckano by whole my heart! He has helped me to correct my English. It has sometimes been difficult to express what I mean. Meckano solve this!
Again Meckano, You’re an great gentleman. :smilebox:

Lagu :D :D

Beerknurd
04-01-2005, 09:30 PM
Beerknurd 387 posts......

:shock:

Empty_5oul
04-01-2005, 09:55 PM
you only have 2,000 "real" posts then.

Beerknurd
04-01-2005, 10:56 PM
Still a senior post whore then......

vaughan
04-02-2005, 03:23 AM
Looks like I misssed that thread somehow. :D

NeoGen
04-02-2005, 08:03 AM
OMG! :shock:

Lagu, are you in WhatPulse or TKC? If you're not, you should, because you must have typed thousands and thousands of keys there. :P

AMDave
04-02-2005, 08:28 AM
Wow.
Fantastic job Lagu :)
That's a lot of words.

And well done to d_k for the idea.
It is great to see everyone getting involved.

Also interesting to see the most used words.
I had been wondering about that.

Empty_5oul
04-02-2005, 12:18 PM
should have increased his vocabularly as well :).

Lagu
04-02-2005, 01:31 PM
OMG! :shock:

Lagu, are you in WhatPulse or TKC? If you're not, you should, because you must have typed thousands and thousands of keys there. :P

NeoGen!

No I'm not in WhatPulse or TKC but, perhaps I chould. From begin to the end including "word accosiation", statistic, letters to Meckano I have typed 26.157 times.

Lagu :)

Empty_5oul
04-02-2005, 04:22 PM
lagu they are both very easy to set up and with typing like that you wold definatley boost our scores.