PDA

View Full Version : Connecting......

Lagu
04-01-2005, 09:28 PM
Hallo!

I need some advice. My AMD Athlon™ is now idle. All WU;s from D2OL has been crunched. This rig is not connected to my router and I wonder how I shall do1.

Can I connect to my router direct?
Will I shut down both processor’s before connecting to the router?
Then start the Athlon™ and then my A 64?
Shall I disconnect the communication cable from the router or modem?
Would the Athlon™ get a new IP-address?
Will I configure the router for port 2?

Tanks in advance
For any replay.

Lagu :D

Empty_5oul
04-01-2005, 09:58 PM
your router should have enough ports so yes if you have enough cables it can connect direct.
i would plug it in and see how the machine responds, many drivers etc are now built in so it may be ready to use.
A new IP address will be issued, though the 64 will keep what it has as you are doing nothing to that.

Lagu
05-12-2005, 08:41 PM
Hello my friends

Today it is a historic day for me because I for the first time I’m running two computers simultaneously ever. However, my old horse (Athlon 1001 MHz, 384 MB RAM) has 800 work units as I should send but get this message:
“The node is already running. Unable to run it more than once from a single directory”. I’m running DPAD right now on my fastest computer AMD 64. On D2OL I have merged the results from many years back so that all results should be added to one node. I have 6 nodes belong to my name Lagu but only one is actually, node 116794 who is on my Athlon 1001. Can anyone tell me what it means and what to do thanks?

Lagu :?

carlos
05-12-2005, 09:31 PM
Lagu,

That message only appears when you try to run two instances of D2OL from the same machine. You can make the following:
1º - Backup the entire D2OL (Athlon 1001 MHz, 384 MB RAM)
2º - Delete de node.prp file (D2OL\res) (Athlon 1001 MHz, 384 MB RAM)
3º - Run D2OL
4º - Insert your email address because another node will be created
5º - Send the wu's.
6º - Go to your client D2OL page and add the node.

Cheers,

Carlos

Lagu
05-12-2005, 10:11 PM
Lagu,

That message only appears when you try to run two instances of D2OL from the same machine. You can make the following:
1º - Backup the entire D2OL (Athlon 1001 MHz, 384 MB RAM)
2º - Delete de node.prp file (D2OL\res) (Athlon 1001 MHz, 384 MB RAM)
3º - Run D2OL
4º - Insert your email address because another node will be created
5º - Send the wu's.
6º - Go to your client D2OL page and add the node.

Cheers,

Carlos

Carlos thanks for your advice but:

Dawn, it was Zone Alarm who, yes I dont know what as happen because the D2OL icon not apperaed before. I shutted my firewall off and then I got this icon simulanteousy with an new UPNAT Gateway adress who was added to my network. Sometimes I dont understand noting else. There is software who will make hell or play me a trick.

Lagu :lol:

Lagu
05-12-2005, 10:17 PM
Hello

Zone Alarm Pro should be set to the Trusted Zone not Internet Zone. I have forgot to change Zone. It was 1.172 work units who was sent :lol:

Lagu :)

vaughan
05-13-2005, 01:23 AM
So it was Zone Alarm pro that was blocking the access? I don't understand why you got that error message from D2OL? I agree with you some software likes to play tricks!

Lagu
05-13-2005, 07:09 AM
So it was Zone Alarm pro that was blocking the access? I don't understand why you got that error message from D2OL? I agree with you some software likes to play tricks!

Yes Vaughan

Sometimes I notice Zone Alarm Pro can prevent me from to access a website I have thought. For example, I have problems with AMD Users website. When I should log in it seems to have got normally. Then when I should post a message, suddenly a page appeared where I should log in again. I got to “Home” and my Avatar wasn’t there. When I shouted down ZA and tried again it gone well. But lather I discovered my Antivirus programs Panda blocked it. I have got a corrupt version from my monthly newspaper following CD. I emailed Panda and they said I should download their newest version. I done it and after a while I got an upgrade for my antivirus programs so now all works well. I think we must think more on our firewall and for example shut it down when we will add a network or have problems with to connect to a website or Host to see if it prevents us from auto sending results and so on. When I have connected my Athlon to my Router, the computer was off so I did a cold start, but the firewall didn’t do anything to accept this new Network Icon. Also, I have noticed it is a good idea to restart the computer and on this way reset the antivirus programs and firewalls. So to the end:
There are sometimes circumstances that happen with our computers as we don’t understand at the first moment.

Lagu :)