PDA

View Full Version : CAS@home News

AMDave
07-26-2014, 02:28 PM
CAS@home maintenance period
IHEP Computer Center enters the annual maintenance period starting from 25th July, and finishes at 30th July. The CAS@home server will be shutdown during this period!
Thanks for your understanding!

More... (http://casathome.ihep.ac.cn/forum_thread.php?id=17574)

Nflight
03-23-2015, 12:01 AM
Since no mention of this project has been mentioned allow me to interrupt your thoughts as I have a problem I can't correct. Every reboot of my system brings up this ridiculous message on my Notices from this Project: CAS@home: Notice from BOINC
Your current settings do not allow tasks from this project. To fix this, you can change Project Preferences on the project's web site.
3/22/2015 6:14:44 AM

Just what is it that is wrong that will not allow work units to arrive ready to crunch? I have tried everything I know, please someone advise me to what is so different then every other project? Signed frustrated :(

AMDave
03-23-2015, 08:33 AM
random thought ...
at some time in the past might you ever have assigned a project profile (location/group)? you know the ones "default" "home" "work"
Just wondering if your machine is defaulting to a group that is still looking at an old CAS sub-project setting or config that might be blocking the work units.
Click on the "CAS@Home project preferences" link on your account page
you should end up at "http://casathome.ihep.ac.cn/prefs.php?subset=project"
At the bottom do all three say
Add separate preferences for home
Add separate preferences for school
Add separate preferences for work
?
If so then you did not add one and this is not the answer.

A few lines further up check "Run only the selected applications".
Mine says "(All applications)"
If yours does not, click on that link and change the selections.

AMDave
03-23-2015, 08:44 AM
The server version is quite recent "Server software version: 26120M"
I think the most recent commit to the repo was 26517, so 26120M would be very recent.
There might be a bug?