Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: SIMAP News

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin

SIMAP News

Server maintenance on Tue Aug 26
    One of the system harddrives in the download server crashed today and needs to be replaced. We will therefore have a short downtime (approx. one hour) of the project next Tuesday.Best wishesThomas

More...

SIMAP will leave BOINC by end of 2014 SIMAP is currently moving towards new algorithms for similarity calculations and scoring. After extensive tests and evaluations during the last months it turned out that the best way to continue SIMAP will be to use dedicated local hardware in our institute. SIMAP will therefore use BOINC only to maintain the current SIMAP database until the end of 2014. BOINC clients for the new SIMAP database will not be released and there will be no workunits for SIMAP after 2014. After 10 very successful years of SIMAP within BOINC this decision was not an easy one for us. However, we thank all users for their support in the past and in the upcoming last period until the end of the year.

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

As an adviser here is the link to the Simap Home Page - Look at the upper right hand corner, there you will see the number of remaining days the Simap Project will remain public. Once this time frame is run out there will be no more Simap Project to run. Get your work units now before there won't be any in the future!

Hurry get your Work units before they all run out...

13 days and counting till the END of SIMAP

It may be a little longer, but by the end of 2014 it is supposed to be the final curtain.

15 days and counting till the END of SIMAP Yes there certainly is something fishy with their counting system..

I've fired up the afterburners, let's see whether I can overtake Liuqyn before the end!

According to this forum (sorry: in German) the Simap WUs may very well last till early January,
    so I will return to a steady Worp factor 5 till the 6th.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 12-03-2014 at 11:29 PM.

Now stating just 9 days to go!

I'm afraid for you that that -the nine days- is just for the present running batch, a new batch (#5 from 5, the very last) is being prepaired!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast