Thread: QMC has a new life

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

QMC has a new life

The new project which is the old project just rehashed on another URL is located here: project URL from http://qah.uni-muenster.de/ to http://qmcathome.org/ There seems to be lots of work units but no one has noticed this project is ready to serve the crunchers feast.

Project Stats at Free-Dc are showing no one is moving on this: http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=proj&proj=qmc

I unfortunately use the project as one of my only 2 Bok's or the level of 100,000 to 101,000 points levels or I would crunch this project! Anybody have an interest in crunching some WU's on this project. I might be able to convince myself of leaving my Bok category if no one comes forward to crunch.

The Graphics and deliberate revamp of the project seems they are on the right track, it just seems no one is crunching, such a disappointment in my viewpoint!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Erh, I have been crunching some QMC as of lately, but they do not export stats and they have no teams to join -at least when I checked last.

Here is a link to all that are listed on the contact us Page, maybe we should offer some suggestions since they don't have a message board either!!! http://qmcathome.org/contact.html

I have mailed the QMC team several times and they state that they are very slowly making progress and do not yet wish to go 'live'.
    I've pointed them to the wayback machine for their old tables etc.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 09-09-2014 at 12:03 PM.

Unable to get work.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Three years later they are still running but no teams support and no stats export that I can find. Even the website itself is a bit dodgy to maneuver, you have to know the default boinc apps, server status, etc php pages and plug it directly on the browser to see them.

But surprisingly it does have work, I tried it and got a workunit for their Clean Mobility Now app. Not really interested in this project seeing it has no teams support and looks so dodgy, but I'll finish out this one WU I got for them... unfortunately it will take 4 days according to estimate.

Guess who is back, I have attached and downloaded 8 WU's each WU is saying >4 days of crunching to complete. QMC

Quote Originally Posted by Nflight View Post
    Guess who is back, I have attached and downloaded 8 WU's each WU is saying >4 days of crunching to complete. QMC
    It's not that they are back, they never went away. It is just that you're crunching for the Emperor's beard, the violin of the cat, zilch. They do not export stats.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 12-26-2017 at 10:41 AM.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    If you go through the trouble of setting up and configuring a full BOINC server and all the apps and etc to get it going, why on earth would you specifically disable teams or stop exporting stats?

I'm sure someone had a reason for it at the time, be it potential server overload, or just plain laziness, but we will most likely never know.