Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edges@Home Beta has Vbox Work Units

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Edges@Home Beta has Vbox Work Units

Yes folks I am running one right this minute I will further down the line tell you how long it will run. But at the moment with ~3 hours it says its 96% complete. The work Unit states: Generic BOINC Application Client 2.0 (vBox64) Edges has numerous applications running at this time it isn't just one project I think there are seven different projects and most have both Linux and Windows based.

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Now at 6 hours, and 99.824%

I do hope for you this subproject pays a bit in credits/cobblestones, I got 4 whole credits today for Edges....

This work unit failed in the end after 10 hours. I did get more then 4 points, for some of these work units you receive nearly 200 points. I am pretty impressed. They have 6 different projects to run not just the one you get if you don't know about the rest!

Guess Who is back, yup I was snooping at all projects viability and saw people with points values in the past two weeks. So I added the project and found no work units available. I will stay connected and watch for news!
    Message boards say to look at Questions & Answers and nothing in either folder at this time.
    I have no clue what this project does or doesn't the admins are mysterious!

A link to watch how much work is being done and when: http://mishra.lpds.sztaki.hu/edgidemo/performance.php
    Last edited by Nflight; 03-22-2016 at 05:13 PM. Reason: added words with letters

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    I can help here. EDGI Demo is run by the IDGF for the promotion of Grid Computing to EU academic (and private) institutions.

(about EDGI Demo) https://sciencenode.org/announcement...sktop-grid.php

(about the IDGF) http://desktopgridfederation.org/
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

There is an AMD Users team, but EDGI Demo project is not the same as Edges@Home Beta
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 03-22-2016 at 08:47 PM.

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    True .
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

And look I am User of the Day, and yes folks I just had some work units crunched, these little devils are very short but I am no longer at 108 points value standings. Yay ! http://mishra.lpds.sztaki.hu/edgidemo/

How do you explain to these folks that they need to adjust the timeline due date on the work units. You have exactly 6 hours to complete any task sent to you, that is crazy tight parameters. Immediately upon receiving any your system locks out all other work units and begins in earnest to meet the deadline !
    Last edited by Nflight; 03-24-2016 at 03:44 PM. Reason: added words from letters of the alphabet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast