Thread: November 2014 competitions

November 2014 competitions

November again! And while it is 21 degrees centigrade outside here, the highest temperature for this date since recorded history and nobody here doubts the effects of global warming, the Dutch Speedskaters have their most difficult race of the year: the Dutch Single Distance championships! Success comes through hard work, as we crunchers know all too good...Speaking of it: Where's our hard work?

October 31 to November 03 - Adolf von Baeyer Race
    Team ngb:setiteam organizes a World Community Grid challenge to warm-up your CPUs for Seti.Germany's WCG 10th Birthday Challenge.
    Adolf von Baeyer was the guy who discovered -amongst other things- the dye that makes your blue jeans blue. He won the nobelprize for chemistry in 1905.

Adolf von Baeyer chat and stats page

November 01 to November 15 - Factorial & Primorial Combinatorial Challenge
    The Factorial & Primorial Combinatorial Challenge is a PRPNet challenge at the Factorial & Primorial prime search projects from the 1st till 15th of November.Leading edge of the Factorial prime search now up to 165,784 on both the plus and minus side.Leading edge of the Primorial prime search now up to 1,803,563 on both the plus and minus side.If you haven't tried PRPNet now's the time to give it a try.More about the Factorial prime search can be found here. More about the Primorial prime search can be found here. News and infos about the PRPNet client can be found here.To take part, you have to activate the following lines in prpclient.ini:server=FPS:50:1:prpnet.primegrid.com :12002server=PRS:50:1:prpnet.primegrid.com:12008No te the 50 here sets the % of WU sent from the server. Set to what %'s you prefer but must sum to 100.Stats will be available at the well known place here.All previous PRPNet challenge stats can be found here. Discussion and more information can be found here: 2014 PRPNet November Challenge. Good luck!
    More...

November 03 to November 10 - SAT@home. Three years with the project.
    Russia Team has a challenge to celebrate the anniversary of SAT@home

SAT@home, three years with the project: chat and stats page

November 07 to November 11 - CRUNCHATHLON GPUGRID [MONTHLY RUN - RACE III]
    For the GPU heavies: Crunchers sans frontieres has a GPUGrid challenge. Used to be -and AFAIK still is- nVidia only, Double Precision -despite what I said earlier- is no prerequisite (but when your nVidia card DOES have double precision in a usable amount it is bound to have very good Single Precision capability -the last Maxwell chips have DP at 1/32(!) of the SP performance...). My GTX 650 just does not cut it though...My GTX 260 did, before it died -to great lament of the power company-...

CRUNCHATHLON GPUGRID chat and stats page

November 12 to November 17 - 40th anniversary of the Arecibo message !!!
    Ukraine-Sarny wants us for SETI@Home to celebrate the Arecibo message

40th anniversary of the Arecibo message chat and stats page

November 16 to November 25 - World Community Grid: the 10th birthday challenge
    For Nov 16th to Nov 25th 2014 SETI.Germany is arranging a challenge at World Community Grid on the occasion of the grids tenth birthday: the 10th Birthday Challenge.

We would like to invite AMD USERS to participate in the challenge and hope that your team and many members of your team will be joining and participting this event.!! More information and statistics regarding the challenge can be found here http://www.seti-germany.de/wcg/10th_...e.html?lang=en On the occasion of the 10th birthday, in addition to the overall rankings there will be sub-project rankings available too!
    Event overview

November 20 to November 27 - Edwin Powell Hubble - 125 anniversary of the birth!
    Astronomy.Ru Forum has another theSkyNet POGS challenge, the project that has more trophies than all other projects combined! You might have more than you imagined yourself, take a look!

JEdwin Powell Hubble - 125 anniversary of the birth chat and stats page

November 27 to November 28 - [Twenty Four 023] Thanksgiving Crunch
    Twenty-third edition of the serie of challenges between teams [Twenty Four] issued by the french team BRIGADE DU COSMOS. [Twenty Four] serie of challenges aims to celebrate an important day of the year. 24 hours of intense crunch tribute to this day ! For this [TWENTY FOUR 023], we celebrate the first meal shared between the Pilgrims and the Amerindians in the fall of 1621, now day of Thanksgiving in the United States of America. In God we trust; E pluribus unum. Thanks for joining us ! Happy crunching and happy Thanksgiving !

Thanksgiving Crunch chat and stats page
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 11-02-2014 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Broer View Post
    For Nov 16th to Nov 25th I can go all-out on FAAH, the emerald MCM is in the pocket. Bronze UGM is in the making too and should be reached before the 16th.
    The bronze UGM has arrived, the Sapphire FAAH is just a few days away: I can go all-out on UGM and MCM too during the challenge!
    (UGM to get 10,000 credits and MCM to get 250,000 credits -all for my sub-project credit stats- ...I can push UGM some levels of credit higher too I guess...)

Within some minutes it is 3 hours, 33 minutes and 33 seconds to go for the WCG challenge!...

edit: We're off!
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 11-15-2014 at 11:03 PM.

(Sub)Project Pos. Points
    Total for 10th Birthday Challenge
    Mapping Cancer Markers
    The Clean Energy Project - Phase 2
    FightAIDS@Home
    Uncovering Genome Mysteries
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 11-16-2014 at 07:48 PM.

i don't knoe if we can hold the number one spot with cep2 but dad and i are trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason1478963 View Post
    i don't knoe if we can hold the number one spot with cep2 but dad and i are trying.
    Nov. 18, 15:39 [SG]pschoefer: and we just took the lead in CEP2 for this challenge.....

We need just a few more AMD Users to crunch some CEP2 next days....

After six days we have a 13th place overall, a 8th for MCM, a 2nd for CEP2, a 20th for FAAH and still -or again- a 27th for UGM.

After nine days we've dropped to a 14th place overall, a 10th for MCM -That's the place where the main action is, more than half (11,764,668 of 20,902,352) of our scored credit is here-, still 2nd for CEP2, 20th for FAAH and 27th for UGM.