Thread: Article: December 2014 Competitions

Cool December 2014 Competitions

End of the year -again. Years seem to go faster each year, just as the amount of scored credit goes up faster each year.
    How can we close the year with a bang (buy fireworks)?

November 29 to December 04 - Test the new project
    Astronomy.Ru Forum wants to test something with the aid of Universe@Home. The Poles want to test their project server.
    It has already started and we were doing quite good till a few hours ago, when our score suddenly flatted off.

Test the new project chat and stats page

December 01 to December 04 - Ukraine Cup stage 2 - WCG
    After stage 1 -Einstein- now stage two, WCG, organized by Ukraine. It too has already started.

Ukraine Cup stage 2 - WCG chat and stats page

December 01 to December 06 - Karl Schmidt-Rottluff – Quelle: http:¶¶geboren.am¶1_Dezember
    A PrimeGrid Challenge, issued by ngb:setiteam. Note that there is a 24-hour project challenge for the Sophie Germain Prime Search subproject in this same interval from 5 till 6 December.

Karl Schmidt-Rottluff – Quelle: http:¶¶geboren.am¶1_Dezember chat and stats page

December 09 to December 10 - [Twenty Four 024] BDC Happy Birthday Crunch
    Twenty-fourth edition of the serie of challenges between teams [Twenty Four] issued by the french team "BRIGADE DU COSMOS". [Twenty Four] serie of challenges aims to celebrate an important day of the year. 24 hours of intense crunch tribute to this day ! 36 months previously, the team BRIGADE DU COSMOS, my team, made his first steps on the SETI@home planet ! It was necessary less than 2 years for the {BDC} to become the team number 1 in France but also to raise itself in the international top 100. All these extraordinary performances made possible thanks to my teammates who made of this team one of the best teams of the SETI@home project. Happy birthday {BDC} ! 3 years of crunch and we didn't say our last word. Come in large numbers to celebrate this event ! You're all welcome !

BDC Happy Birthday Crunch chat and stats page

December 09 to December 10 - [Twenty Four 025] Dick Day Crunch
    Twenty-fifth edition of the serie of challenges between teams [Twenty Four] issued by the french team "BRIGADE DU COSMOS". [Twenty Four] serie of challenges aims to celebrate an important day of the year. 24 hours of intense crunch tribute to this day ! For this [TWENTY FOUR 025], we celebrate the anniversary of the birth of Philip Kindred Dick, one of the greatest science fiction writers of all time. This prodigy of literature wrote 44 novels and 121 short stories ! Considerable work and a unique contribution to science fiction. Many of his novels have been adapted to the cinema. He died on March 2, 1982. Requiescat in pace, Philip.

Dick Day Crunch chat and stats page

December 20 to December 24 - CRUNCHATHLON WCG [MONTHLY RUN - RACE I]
    This challenge issued by the french team CRUNCHERS SANS FRONTIERES will take place every month at varying dates for four days. All teams are welcome Let us take forward the World Community Grid project ! Keep crunching !

CRUNCHATHLON WCG [MONTHLY RUN - RACE I] chat and stats page

December 24 to December 28 - CRUNCHATHLON GPUGRID [MONTHLY RUN - RACE IV]
    This challenge issued by the french team CRUNCHERS SANS FRONTIERES will take place every month at varying dates for four days. All teams are welcome Let us take forward the GPUGRID.net project ! Keep crunching for biomedicine and do real science, at home !

CRUNCHATHLON WCG [MONTHLY RUN - RACE I] chat and stats page

December 29 to January 02 - "Despite my age I don't live in the past, but in the future" 2nd Rita Levi-Montalcini memorial
    We will enter the new year with Rosetta, organised by BOINC.Italy.

2nd Rita Levi-Montalcini memorial chat and stats page
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 12-02-2014 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Too much images

Can't get rid of he seems a permanent part of this thread...

They keep popping up like rabbits, them challenges!