Thread: WCG News

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin

WCG News

How Your Tablet Can Help Find an Ebola Cure
    An article on TIME.com about the new Outsmart Ebola Together project on World Community Grid.

More...

Not wanting to sound overly critical, but they ought to make the application available, not just advertise it...

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    The Android version of BOINC is available in GooglePlay. (There's more than one version available as some 3rd party compiled BOINC clients were created recently).
    Aside from that once you have the Android app installed, you simply sign up to your WCG account as per normal. I have BOINC running on my Nexus.
    The article notes that it is not available for iOS yet, but that IBM are working on getting that fixed.
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

With 'application' I meant the very WCG-OET application itself. Having only UGM and OET selected and resources set to 5000%, I finally managed to download ONE OET WU over a period of some weeks....

I managed to grab a few of the Ebola tasks today for a change today. I totally agree with you Dirk.

I haven't been trying since we got the sapphire badge in OET and hoped it would help spread them around. This is not one of their best project launches but they sure haven't fell to the microsoft windows launch level in my opinion.

I've got one valid and four pending at the moment! (after setting resources to 10,000% and selecting OET only).
    Because I've also set WCG to 'send me anything when there's no work', I'm flooded in all active projects now...

I'm getting Ebola tasks again and this time with multiple projects checked. If you guys are looking for badges in this one you may be able to make some progress this time.

I've received -and processed- six, one already got validated too!
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 02-11-2015 at 05:46 PM.