Thread: SRBase BOINC project

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Heads-up we are about 2-300k behind SG again but they are slightly out-producing us today. I have switched most of my machines to it but could do with some help from other members of AMD Users. Remember to use the access code mentioned in posts above.

Avoid the Long tasks as they take too long! to crunch and are not worth it in points (cobblestones). The best value are the smallest tasks as seen in the Server Status page. Unfortunately Rebirther allows the subprojects to run dry so you have to either watch the project closely and be ready to adjust your preferences to chase subprojects that have available work or, set project preferences to allow multiple sub projects. If a subproject runs dry and you haven't allowed alternative subprojects when Rebirther refills the particular subproject with work again I have found that this particular project doesn't automatically look for any new work. You have to manually click update to get new work. This is VERY annoying. I have set SRBase to 999 in Resource Share but this doesn't fix this bug. Other projects are much better at looking for work regularly and resuming when tasks become available. I have set BOINC Manager to reserve 0.1 day's work.

Another bug (undocumented feature) with the Long tasks is that despite what Rebirther says they do not resume (no checkpointing) if you have to restart the computer (yes Windows I'm looking at you). I have lost many days of CPU time when Windows updates and reboots the computers.
    Last edited by vaughan; 09-25-2016 at 03:24 AM.