Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: SRBase BOINC project

Heads-up we are about 2-300k behind SG again but they are slightly out-producing us today. I have switched most of my machines to it but could do with some help from other members of AMD Users. Remember to use the access code mentioned in posts above.

Avoid the Long tasks as they take too long! to crunch and are not worth it in points (cobblestones). The best value are the smallest tasks as seen in the Server Status page. Unfortunately Rebirther allows the subprojects to run dry so you have to either watch the project closely and be ready to adjust your preferences to chase subprojects that have available work or, set project preferences to allow multiple sub projects. If a subproject runs dry and you haven't allowed alternative subprojects when Rebirther refills the particular subproject with work again I have found that this particular project doesn't automatically look for any new work. You have to manually click update to get new work. This is VERY annoying. I have set SRBase to 999 in Resource Share but this doesn't fix this bug. Other projects are much better at looking for work regularly and resuming when tasks become available. I have set BOINC Manager to reserve 0.1 day's work.

Another bug (undocumented feature) with the Long tasks is that despite what Rebirther says they do not resume (no checkpointing) if you have to restart the computer (yes Windows I'm looking at you). I have lost many days of CPU time when Windows updates and reboots the computers.
    Last edited by vaughan; 09-25-2016 at 03:24 AM.

I put everything I have on this project as of this writing. I know we could use more help but three of us are churning and burning each day. I like this project but I don't know why, maybe its because you personally for your effort have a real solid chance at reaching a prime number.

Are there any other major crunchers who could help with this Project and keep us ahead of the competition?

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    PM sent .
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

Thank You Dave

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

SRBase is back with work again. Now is my chance to reach 100M.

Quote Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
    SRBase is back with work again. Now is my chance to reach 100M.
    I've set my sight at 5 million, for the time being..

The Gridcoin folk are getting too close for comfort in SRBase.
    When I get back from the States (I'm in San Diego at the moment) I'll have to switch a few more machines back to it.
    Unfortunately since the demise of LogMeIn Ignition I have lost the ability to remote control my pharm.

You'd better ask your son to build an extra Ryzen 7 1700 system, perhaps a Threadripper 1920 even. Pity those EPYCs are so hard to find yet...
    SRBase is very much a (x86/x86-64) CPU project, GPUs won't help here, nor a 2nd hand Sparc Solaris system.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 10-10-2017 at 07:50 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234