Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just how many of these Quake Catching projects are there?

Well, I'll be dipped in dog shit.....

The cat barfed into a power outlet extension, blowing a fuse in the process. (actually the residual-current device/earth leakage circuit breaker/ground fault circuit interrupter broke in)
    I had done some tinkering on my original Raspberry Pi B+ before, trying it to get to work with the various QCN projects, but to no avail.

When I rebooted the Pi I saw to my astonishment that it was running six different QCN WUs, two Goofyx, a WuProp and an Enigma WU!
    That's 10 WUs on a single-core ARM-11 SOC, try and better that! It is a pity the Mexicans have opted out of QCN, otherwise I'd be running twelve WUs now on that poor Pi B+...

The downside of this is that i've lost -temporarily- two Raspberry Pi's (a Pi2 and a Pi3) as their SD cards became corrupted by the power surge, while two AMD systems came back up with a howling Corsair 140mm case fan. One of these I've nursed back to health, replacing the AMD stock CPU cooler with a Scythe Mugen 4 PCGH version in the process. The other -with its A8-3870K and two Radeon HD 6670 cards- still needs to be checked. So B Johansson has some days respite at Enigma, before I can catch up with him.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 10-09-2016 at 01:00 AM.

The cause of the problem ("This Project doesn't support computers of type arm-unknown-linux-gnueabihf") appeared to be the file that presents the info about the ARM CPU to the project. The default -good enough for all other projects- 'arm-unknown-linux-gnueabihf' just isn't good enough (duh) for most of them, Quake-Catcher Network Continual (Taiwan) being the exception (also the only QCN project with it's own Raspberry Pi 2 application, gotta love those Taiwanese, Raspberry Pi-wise!).

this is for the ARM11 based Raspberry Pi B+:
    modify cc_config.xml with option:
    <alt_platform>armv6l-unknown-linux-gnueabihf</alt_platform>

And, if all's well, this should then be right for the Cortex-A53 based Raspberry Pi 3:
    modify cc_config.xml with option:
    <alt_platform>armv7l-unknown-linux-gnueabihf</alt_platform>

You'd expect the Pi3 to be armv8l or so, but that is not the case in a 32-bit Linux environment.
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 10-06-2019 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Updated to my last working setup -at least I got six wu's running now again.

Quake Catcher Network (Taiwan)

They seem to have changed their url: http://qcntw.earth.sinica.edu.tw/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12